Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Honeymoon at the Excellence?

Hey everyone! I am going to the Excellence in early May for my honeymoon. I am eager to hear any feedback about the Excellence! We are in our late 20’s and hope we made the right choice. So glad I found this website!

We are going there in July for our Honeymoon. I really hope it is a nice place. The pictures look great but you just never know.

Congratulations to both of you. I’m sure you will find that the Excellence is a wonderful resort to spend your honeymoon at. Great variety in food and restaurants along with lots of entertainment to watch. I must warn you however they do or did have a very strict dress code for the men. Make sure he brings with him some long pants. Congratulations once again

Thanks for the advice! Seriously anything helps. I also heard they have a strict dress code for dinners…no worries, we like to dress up. Bluekittycat- congrats to you! Hopefully we made the right choice!

I did my honeymoon there in 2004. I found it to be fabulous and hands down much nicer than other all inclusives I have stayed at, however, it is price wise on par with Sandals for an adults only place (albeit nicer I think) which is more than say Bahia Principe and Riu.

Yes they are sticklers about men’s clothing, as is Sandals. Men should wear long pants, closed toed shoes, and collared shirts. Womens typically are dressed nice, fancy dresses and heels, so it makes sense. Most are on their honeymoon so they are dressing up so their pictures are nice so it’s not a big deal. Bringing a coverup to lunch is a must for both as you cannot just show up in board shorts or a bikini to eat.

This is pretty much norm at all of the all-inclusives- even more so adults only

my aunt just went there in december and LOVED it!
all her pictures looked just like the advertising pictures… she was really impressed at how ‘true’ the pictures were.