Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Honeymoon resort in varadero?

It’s been a while since we went to Cuba but we loved it last time.
Being on a tight budget we can’t go crazy with some exotic destinations, so we just thought why not stay with what we liked last time.

We’de love to find a hotel in Varadero for our honeymoon in december for under $1000 per person.
We liked Arenas Blancas we stayed at last time, but we’d like a little bit better resort for honeymoon this time. Something that has a little better looking rooms, food was ok we’re not too demanding, beach and pool are most important to my fiance.
We’de love to have some night entertainment, maybe try some clubbing this time since we didn’t know where to go last time we went.
We’re in our late 20’s and need a bit of help on picking a resort.

Have you considered going to cayo coco instead? The Tryp Cayo Coco has an amazing atmosphere and it’s more remote giving you that romantic feeling. They also have a honeymoon package available, marriage certificate is required (no older than 6 months). The resort is one of the best 4 star resorts in Cuba (actually a real 4 star on international standards).

I would say Cayo Coco as well. Beaches are amazing, its a more secluded area, not quite as busy. You should be able to find something there in your budget, and although I haven’t been to the Tryp yet, from what I know from those who have went, there is lots to do in the evening.

And once a week there is a disco at the bat cave that all the guests of the various resorts can visit, and its a great time. Probably one of my best nights off a resort in all my travels south.

The only problem I see with going anywhere but Varadero is the clubbing part, not too many “clubs” in Cayo Coco, or Cayo Santa Maria, but some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
So if you drop the clubbing part, may I recomment Cayo Santa Maria. There is one club at the Pueblo, I don’t know if it’s open every night but the beaches are great

If we drop the Clubbing part, I have a deserted beach on Cayo Largo for you.
Create your own fantasies.

If you were to consider another destination other then Varadero

Two words for all that you mentioned: Playa Pesquero.

http://www.hotelplayapesquero.info/

The clubbing is not that important, but I’d like to hit a club once or twice when we’re there.
Whether in a resort or outside a resort but close by, just to see how clubbing is there.
We’re open to suggestions, for my fiance beach is #1 as she could lie on the beach all day :slight_smile:

The clubbing is not that important, but I’d like to hit a club once or twice when we’re there.

Once again Playa Pesquero; the Club “disco” is very lively. great DJ and ice cold Cristal cerveza in the bottle.

The beach is awesome for you fiance.

Depending on when you go you should be able to go for under $1000 per person. of course it depends from where.
we actually paid less than $900 pp for one week all inclusive for this 4* and some would say it’s a 4.5* or 5* from Montreal and Ottawa. I am sure that from Toronto you could get a better price.
We :-* Playa Pesquero. most likely going back in November.

I think we’re gonna book Iberostar Laguna Azul and try to get to disco once or twice into the city.

Nothing confirmed yet, just a resort we thought looked nice and was getting good reviews from what we read so far.

The Mambo Club is closer. Between Aguas Azules and Sandals.

Great choice there in Varadero, the Ibero Laguna Azul is one of our faves (but ain’t cheap), as is the smaller Iberostar Playa Alameda two doors down (smaller resort, better animation and music, imho)

Just sayin’ :sunglasses:

Spunky I was reading few topics on disco and found some info on Calle 62 club, seems to be popular club on tripadvisor forum.
Any thoughts on this one ?

Sorry, don’t know it. Zen? Martian?

[quote=@sumik]Spunky I was reading few topics on disco and found some info on Calle 62 club, seems to be popular club on tripadvisor forum.
Any thoughts on this one ?[/quote]

Calle 62 is an area in Varadero with an especially lively night scene where many tourists like to hang out. It’s within walking distance of resorts like the Solymar/ Arenas Blancas, Palma Real, Quatro Palmas and others in the mid section of the Varadero peninsula. Habana Club disco is close by as well.

Calle is the spanish word for street- so Street #62

oops, i thought they were talking about a night club called calle 62 :slight_smile:
I remember reading party with locals, no cover fee, at calle 62.
lol, live and learn.

YVRck, Calle 62 Club? Do you know it? :sunglasses:
Between Mediterino Club and Quattra Palmas?

[quote=@spunky]YVRck, Calle 62 Club? Do you know it? :sunglasses:
Between Mediterino Club and Quattra Palmas?[/quote]

Clubbing has become a very low priority for us :sunglasses:

I think I know which establishment you are referring to though. Seems they are starting to give “official” names to some of these places and it’s becoming a bit more organized than it used to be, probably for the benefit of the tourists. The locals always seem to know exactly where “it’s happening” .

Also in Varadero, Casa de la Musica…real Cuban music. Early evening, there is a DJ. La
ter, there is live music. The dance floor is very small because the Cubans dance where they are, not on a “floor”. Mostly Cubans there, but some tourists. For Varadero (which is, let’s face it, a tourist construction mainly) it’s great music and a real Cuban vibe. You need to bring your passport to check in.

Oh yeah, and I agree with Zendudette re the Playa Alameda. Really, really great live music every night before the show. The disco is more international re what they play, but lots of fun if you’re not ancient like me - my 24 and 26 year old sons had a great time there. Fantastic animation staff, best ever in my 14 trips to various resorts.

Anyone else feel that Varadero is the Las Vegas of Cuba? Everyone has their hands out looking for a tip? Atlantic City, Ft Lauderdale, Virginia Beach, Old Orchard and elsewhere.
Same as eeeefarm, YVRck and others have said: Not the same as before.
Santiago, Cayo Largo and other smaller spots enjoy staff who are from the locals and not raving tip idiots. IMHO :wink: