Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

How early can I book

I live in atlantic canada. Anyone have any idea when we will see some prices for next spring? More interested in the on-line vendors, sun holidays, go travel, ets…Thanks

We booked in late July 2004 for an April 2005 departure from St. John’s to POP. I heard somewhere that Signature Vacations already have their prices for next year but when I enter it into the system it comes back not available. I haven’t had a chance to check with my travel agent yet to find out if they are in the stores.

Both Signature and Air Transat have there Preview Winter 2005/6 out but it only has prices for Toronto. Signature is suppose to have there full brochure out this June, but not sure (and really doubt it) if it will include pricing from Atlantic Canada. We always end up with the short end of the stick here. Have you seen the difference in last minute deals out of Toronto compared to Halifax?! I’m really hoping for a few more destination options out of Moncton next year. Would love to see La Romana area offerd out of here. I think if they offered it it would be a hit since all us looking for a change would jump at the chance. That way we get something different from Punta Cana but still get to travel to the DR.

WOULD LOVE TO SEE 10 DAY VACATIONS OFFERED FROM ATLANTIC CANADA! WE WILL ALSO
BE DEPARTING OUT OF MONCTON IF AT ALL POSSIBLE! LOOKING TO DO A 2 WEEKER TO CASA MARINA BEACH IN APRIL 2006. I’M HOPING SUN HOLIDAYS GET THERE PRICES ON LINE SOON AS WE HAVE HAD GREAT LUCK WITH THEM IN THE PAST GETTING THE BEST DEAL…LOVE THE DR!

marnie,
I’d suggest getting an 800 phone # for Sunquest, Signature, Conquest, etc. and inquire as to which tour operators will be operating in Atlantic Canada and when their pricing will be available. I wouldn’t recommend e-mailing them, as I’ve tried that in the past and received no reply. However, when you phone, they pretty well have to give you an answer of some sort. :wink:
Happy vacation planning!

If this is not your first trip to the DR I would suggust booking it yourself. Find a resort you like and contact them. You can book it and then look for a seat sale on one of those sites that have cheap flights.

Be careful with that! Rack rates are often significantly higher than AI package prices. Not saying don’t do it, just be sure to price it out both ways…

:slight_smile:

A lot of place go on clearance more so towards the short time of departure that they allow you. But I think the question was how soon can I book it.

We booked through the resort this March and it cos us 50 US a day plus airfare. He hopped on an airBus from Montreal and it was only 375 per person return. It ended up costing us less than 3000 for a 5 star resort…

Was just on the Sunquest site and they have prices for the RIU’s out of Halifax for next winter. Looks like they’ll be starting Feb 3 with flights out of Halifax to the DR.
All that’s coming up at the moment are RIU properties, but that’s proably because they have the exclusive with them.

Islandallycat…My sisters and I stayed at a 5 star in Punta Cana (2nd week in March) and it only cost us $1200.00 each. $3000.00 grand seems a little steep IMO.

how late did you book until your departure date? I am talking about my hiusband, myself and daughter stayed for a total of a dew dollars less than 3000. We booked back in November 2004 at the resort and got our own flights from cheap tickets. I know that it is weird that everyone pays a different price…I was at the Occidential Grand Flamenco.

islandalleykat,

Your IP comes up as Halifax so I guess what I need to know to determine if you "got a deal" is:

• Departure Date.
  • Duration.
  • Verification that your costs are $ CDN.
  • Transfers?
  • Taxes in or out.
  • Which Occidential Grand Flamenco, POP or PUJ?

Okay there sarge…lmao…I got a deal allright. We flew from PEI to Montreal April 1st 2005…I was wearing a red coat with a little bit of mustard stain on the right sleeve…we have a time share down there…cheapy cheapy to fly…from montreal we paid 376 plus taxes. PEI to montreal on tango our flight was 99.00 per person…plus taxes round trip. Our daughter was free for she is under 6. We paid 50/US per night. Wich was the all inclusive. We were picked up at the Airport by a private taxi…no crowded bus with the resort scramble to get checked in for us. We arrived at the Punta Cana Airport and went direct to the resort. A junior suite was our room and received the VIP treatment and you now I had the coolest t-shirt …it was free and it fit! :wink:

islandalleykat,

Where do I sign up?

LMAO

Gregg

[quote author=sackie link=board=general&thread=1114619059&start=8#0 date=1114799913]Was just on the Sunquest site and they have prices for the RIU’s out of Halifax for next winter. Looks like they’ll be starting Feb 3 with flights out of Halifax to the DR.
All that’s coming up at the moment are RIU properties, but that’s proably because they have the exclusive with them.[/quote]

I have to ask a dumb question, sorry. But why not until Feb? Thats not the norm, is it? They have packages (not just the RIUs) from Halifax to the DR in Jan as well? I should explain, my daughter just moved to NS and wants to book with us next winter and we have to go in Jan…we’re in Manitoba. I never gave it a second thought until I read this, lol.

Gregg…You can look at the RCI website and see who is selling off there week. It must still be cheaper than going thru a travel agent. I would imagine by now after you have gone to the DR a bunch of times this would be an option.

Sandy I am not sure…perhaps they think it is the busiest time or something. I would call Air Canada Vacations or Sunquest vacations and inquire about your packages. Have you already booked your trip?

Hey Islandallycat…The three of you for under three grand! Yeah, I would say that is a pretty good deal! :slight_smile: We booked the Palace the first week in Janurary, AI, for 1 week.

Sandy - Sunquest only starts in Feb and they are the only ones offering the RIUs. Air Transat starts in Dec I believe - or they did last year. But the 2 years before they only had flights out of Halifax starting late Jan or early Feb. They also have a habit of cancelling or rearranging flights out of here on a regular bases. We’ve had it happen twice and both times had to end up flying through Toronto. Which of course is at your own added expense.

OMG! That is soooo BRUTAL! That would be one reason I would NOT book through Sunquest! It’s bad enough trying to afford the vacation let alone the added and unwanted expense of a connector flight that wasn’t apart of the origionally adgenda!

When Air Canada Vacations cancelled our Saturday departure from St. John’s, they flew us to Halifax on Friday and we continued on to POP. We were not charged anything extra for the flight to Halifax plus we got a free additional day in POP. I am really hoping that ACV offers flights to POP from here in 2006 because we are just waiting to book our trip back to the Breezes. It is good to know that about Sunquest because we were tossing around the idea of returning to the RIU Complex but if they jerk you around like that, I will stick to the safer options.