Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

How to cram 109 more people on an airplane

This is an interesting article on the new seating for AC & WJ. I would expect this to come to Transat & Sunwing very soon too.

Very interesting article. We fall into the small group of travellers who are willing to pay for comfort and for years have been booking either Club Class or Executive Class on our trips to Cuba. I think the premium seats will be popular out of our neck of the woods (the West) with the longer flight times to and from Cuba.

I always found it so ironic that fly to a third world country, get off a crammed Canadian airplane and board a super comfortable seat on a Chinese bus.

I guess this is the way its all going. I don’t mind at times paying for a bigger, roomier, free food and beverage seat. But slowly & surely, everyone else is getting more and more cramped.

What we once took for granted as “normal”, we are now conditioned to think of it as a luxury that we have to pay more for…interesting eh?!

Will be interesting to see what Westjet charges for this compared to the others!

Air Transat is over hauling it’s fleet. I discovered this when I recently booked our next trip to Cuba. I’m looking forward to trying out their new and improved Club Class which looks similar to Air Canada’s Executive Class. This link takes you to AT’s description of the new plane layouts. Check out the video.