Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Huatulco Gala or bBarecllo

Hello

Some friends and I are planning on a week in Huatulco later this Spring. I have been to the Crown Pacific and liked it quite a bit, but this group would care for something a little more upscale… My question is: Which is a better resort for 6 couples, the Barcello or the Gala.

I think they want some night life and dancing,… and I am also wondering what the opinions of the food and service is from people who have stayed at BOTH of them.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Gerald Guy Brummel

I seem to recall that the Gala was sold to Dreams, and has been heavily renovated since then - reopened around Christmas time. Both the Barcelo and Dreams (higher scale and prices) have good reputations - if there are no recent reviews here, check the trip advisor forums on the area. Brises (formerly a Club Med resort - more isolated and spread out but still very nice) might also be a good option - they often have pretty good sales going on.

Tom is correct the Gala is now a Dreams and has been renovated. I have not been but I think I would choose the Dreams after having experienced Barcelo and Dreams in Mexico.