Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Humberto Mesa the Cuban Guide

Very very good guide, he took three of us to Havana for the day, and he really knows his suff, really enjoyed his insight and the cost was only 70 pesos plus tip for all three of us. He has a fairly modern car and knows his way around. Any time we stopped I asked him if our stuff in the trunk was safe and he assured me it was. He always parked where one of his buddies watched the car for a peso or two. He is also a legal guide. I highly recommend him, he also does tours from Varadero but they cost a little more because it’s farther away from Havana.

His e-mail is

humbertomesa68@yahoo.es

(he only gets a bit of log on time so he doesn’t answer right away, but he does answer…or cell (0053)52944372

Sorry I missed getting you his info before you went, but glad you found him! It looks like he has changed his email. He did have his email go to a friend’s email. He really is a wonderful, inteligent man. We really enjoyed our day with him.

He did change his e-mail, I think after it became OK for him to offer tours. Legal like :wink:
He was excellent.

So he charged 70 CUC for 3 of you for a day trip with is car and he gave you ride back. So that is 23 CUC per person which is reasonable and special when you are satisfied with his service!

We also enjoyed our time with him, funny guy and a very good driver. We paid 70 cuc’s, plus tip of course.

He’s a good driver and don’t tell him but almost too cheap :wink:

many many drivers at 70 cuc’s infront of BJ’s…60/70 is the going rate…
cheers.

CUC 60 to CUC 80 for a good car full from Jibacoa to Havana and back is considered reasonable.
Humberto sounds like a Gem!

Sorry crabby, didn’t see your post

[quote=@spunky]CUC 60 to CUC 80 for a good car full from Jibacoa to Havana and back is considered reasonable.

Sorry crabby, didn’t see your post[/quote]

I’m always happy to see Breezes Jibacoa spelled out rather than abbreviated :wink: :sunglasses:

[quote=@spunky]CUC 60 to CUC 80 for a good car full from Jibacoa to Havana and back is considered reasonable.

Sorry crabby, didn’t see your post[/quote]

For a back woods hick like me who couldn’t give a darn about seeing the underbelly of Havana he was just perfect. he studied the history of Cuba and Havana and knew his stuff, knew where to drive and park and knew what most one or two day tourists would be interested in