Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

I shouldn't have looked....er...booked

Yes…I looked…
I checked the website price after I booked and the price has dropped by $210 for the package.

I booked a month earlier than last year because I saw that the price went up in July…my thinking was that it would go up again…not!

Even called my TA and she called Hola Sun for me to ask if they could lower…no way.

I still got a good price but that $210 would be better in my pocket for sure…

Got to hate that…but i think alot of us do it…, ::slight_smile:

I have been checking mine, and it hasn’t gone down or up at all. At this time of year with the deal I got I really wouldn’t expect it to go any lower.

However, for trips booked between Dec-Apr, most companies seem to now carry the price drop protection. So that’s why I don’t expect to see prices drop anytime soon.

But for those companies that don’t offer the price protection, I guess we will still see prices fluctuate like that.

You are going away,
That is all you need to think about

I think about it everyday… ;D
And I’m trying to learn Spanish on-line this year…so far I’m at the “see Spot run” stage…but I’m having fun with it and of course I’ll have my cheat sheet of ‘popular phrases’ when I head into Trinidad.

We always book early and the price always goes up right after the “early booking bonus” pay in full deadline passes, usually in October for Dec-Apr. bookings. To date, the price for our previous packages has never gone down but this year we, also, have the price drop protection. So, I do go in and check because, with Air Canada Vacations, they don’t call you…you have to catch the price drop and follow up on it. Don’t fret, Tanlines, about the price. You were happy with the price, when you booked and that’s the way to look at it. Think happy thoughts about your trip, instead :slight_smile:

monctonguy, we booked early also as did our amigos in Mcton (playa alameda march break) and prices have not gone down OR up since aug 1rst

I think they booked thru Sears or selloff

This year I registered with Sunwing’s Price Drop Guarantee. The price of my January vacation dropped by $220. I filed the claim and within a week (yes, really, ONE WEEK!) the cheque for the difference was in my pocket! :smiley:

That’s great news, hollydog :slight_smile:

[quote=@hollydog]This year I registered with Sunwing’s Price Drop Guarantee. The price of my January vacation dropped by $220. I filed the claim and within a week (yes, really, ONE WEEK!) the cheque for the difference was in my pocket! :smiley:

[/quote]
Congrats That is Awesome … Did you get the full amount or was there a “hidden Admin” fee?..

We are also watching our price but so far so good :slight_smile:

We are happy that our trip to Cayo Coco in late October has been raised by $400! That doesn’t always happen so it was a pleasant surprise to see the increase. :smiley:

I booked in June with an amazing price. I will be very surprised if the price drops enough for us to be able to take advantage of the price drop protection but I watch none the less.

The price is $241 pp more now then what we paid.

Just paid our balance yesterday so all is good. Now for the wait…190 more days!!! LOL

I got the full amount - no hidden fees, charges, anything! I even looked closely at the cheque to see if there was a ‘trick’. Didn’t find one!

[quote=@hollydog]I got the full amount - no hidden fees, charges, anything! I even looked closely at the cheque to see if there was a ‘trick’. Didn’t find one!

[/quote]

That is fantastic for you. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

We had the price drop guarantee in March 2012 for Holguin (Playa Pesquero) and the price dropped about $80.00. But because it wasn’t the same carrier; we were with Sunwing and the price drop was with Signature Vacations we were told we didn’t qualify even though it was all from the same website ITravel2000.

Hollydog… Can I ask what the procedure was? For instance… did you see a cheaper price on the net,(Sunwing site) photocopy it for proof and send that to them?

ald1…Signature I thought was owned by Sunwing another in their cap. Should have received the protection as long as it is the same day, room cat etc. If you notice all the packages with Signature have the same flights on Sunwing.

Buggers if they don’t honor it. :frowning:

[quote=@sunlover]ald1…Signature I thought was owned by Sunwing another in their cap. Should have received the protection as long as it is the same day, room cat etc. If you notice all the packages with Signature have the same flights on Sunwing.

Buggers if they don’t honor it. :frowning:
[/quote]

Yup that’s what we inquired when we saw the lower price earlier this year and we were told that it is very specific in the terms and regulations:

Quote: “The Lowest Price Guaranteed Or It’s Free” offer applies only to pre-packaged vacations offered by Sunwing Vacations, Signature Vacations, Sunquest Vacations, WestJet Vacations, Transat Holidays , Nolitours, Air Canada Vacations and Tour Mont Royal and Club Med. For new bookings only on prepackaged vacations booked to depart Sept. 1st 2012 to April 30th 2013. The online bookable pre-packaged vacation must be from the identical qualified tour operator/supplier, for the identical airline, departure airport, travel dates and times, flight numbers, class of service, resort, duration, room category and meal plan and must be verified by an itravel2000 call centre representative during normal call centre operating hours." end of quote

And that to them spells out the clause that it is not the IDENTICAL qualified Tour Operator. We booked with Sunwing and the lower price was with Signature.

We still had a really good price though … so its not all that bad ;D ;D :sunglasses:

Just remember that Sunwing has a $50.00 per person adminstration fee.