Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Iberostar Bavaro questions

Hi everyone.

Trying to chose a vacation spot this year has been really tough. We have narrowed it down to three Iberostars in three different countries. Iberostar Bavaro, Iberostar Varadero or an Iberostar in Jamaica. We have never been to any of these places. My question to all of you is, how would you rate the Iberostar Bavaro? Is it one of the nicer resorts in Punta Cana? How is the beach? Is it a loud or quiet place? We prefer a quieter resort and not too crowded. We have two little ones so we would like sandy waters and with on under toe. (I think thats how you spell it :slight_smile: ) It seems like a nice place and I know I am being picky. It seems like we are leaning towards this resort so any help would be great.
Thank you.

Dim

Go!! You will like the Iberostar Bavaro. My husband and I went for our honeymoon almost 6years ago and are going back for our 4th visit this summer. The beach and pool are fabulous and the staff is very friendly. The kids club seems like the kids really enjoy themselves and I haven’t heard any complaints from parents. Check Debbies reviews on this web site.

We are headed back for our second visit Very satisfied - Please see our (and other ) reviews

How is the beach? Is it a loud or quiet place? <<

The beach is very quiet…over by the pool areas are the ‘games’ - volleyball, water aerobics, etc - but they are not bad -

Going back for visit #5 in 3 days, for me it’s a great fit and the service just keeps getting better and better, the staff always aim to please.

Cheers,
Debbie

One of the best in Punta Cana area. We would give anytime 5 star for everything. One of the best beach (very little seaweed) in PC area even for some light snorkeling.
We would go back anytime there, this year we are going to Iberostar Hacienda in south DR.
Beside our neighbours Debbie and Tim we know other people going back year after year.
You won’t regret choosing the Bavaro.

The IB* Bavaro is what we call “Our Second Home”. We will be going back in April with our youngest daughter(now 11) for our 13th time. Our daughter has basically grown up there. The WHOLE resort, from the grounds, beach, and staff are first class, and you’ll not be disappointed.
Enjoy
Joe y Karen

[quote=@joeferr]The IB* Bavaro is what we call “Our Second Home”. We will be going back in April with our youngest daughter(now 11) for our 13th time. Our daughter has basically grown up there. The WHOLE resort, from the grounds, beach, and staff are first class, and you’ll not be disappointed.
Enjoy
Joe y Karen[/quote]

Hi guys.

Cathy and I leave in a little over a week for our 1st trip there. We’re looking forward to it, and we booked it based on your reviews. No pressure… :sunglasses:

Tom

Its a wonderful place-you are sure to have a relaxing vacation!

OttawaTom - This will be our first trip to the Bavaro too and we arrive on the Feb 2nd for 11 nights and my group of couples arrive on the 6th for seven. This is our second visit to the Punta Cana (stayed at the Barcelo Premium Beach Resort) and beaches are fantastic!! Ted/Julie

Cathy & Tom, hope to see you there, we’re there for 2 weeks.

Do you have any plans on going to Steve’s Bar on the 4th or 11th?

Cheers,
Debbie & Tim

Nuestros amigos. Tom,Cathy,Debbie y Tim. Have a GREAT time and be sure to enjoy a cocktail…or 4 for us ;D

May the sun shine on you all the entire time.
Hasta luego
Joe y Karen :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

[quote=@debinatore]Cathy & Tom, hope to see you there, we’re there for 2 weeks.

Do you have any plans on going to Steve’s Bar on the 4th or 11th?

Cheers,
Debbie & Tim[/quote]

We can be coaxed. ;D I told Cathy I would take her to Plaza Bavaro for shopping anyway (I think that’s where the bar is). Are you guys going on the 11th? About 2:00 PM, was it?

Tom

We are going for sure on the 4th to Steve’s Bar.

What dates are you there?

Debbie & Tim

[quote=@debinatore]We are going for sure on the 4th to Steve’s Bar.

What dates are you there?

Debbie & Tim[/quote]

We’re there from the 7th to the 21st (Saturday to Saturday). We’ll go on the 11th, and maybe we’ll run into you. You may see me at the IB anyway. If you see a chubby, 5’6" guy in a Red Sox cap or a black wide-brim Australian hat, come over and say hi. ;D

Tom