Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Iberostar Bavaro vs, NOW Larimar

Can anyone help me decide which hotel, Iberostar Bavaro vs. NOW Larimar will better suit me.
Things that are important to me are:

Pool with plenty of chairs/space.
Need to have a least one bar by the beach that is open till 9-10 at night.
Clear water at the beach with no seaweed.
Food
Cleanliness
Well maintained infrastructure.

Thank you

Check for all of the above at the Iberostar Bavaro except the Beach Bar is not open til 10… although the beach bar at the Iberostar Dominicana is open til 11 pm.

Not many BEACH bars stay open that late.

Seagrass can not be controlled by any resort, most resorts clean it up as it washes up, if it’s washing up at one resort it’s washing up at most of the resorts.

Now Larimar is a beautiful resort… Water and beach are beautiful!

[quote=@deadheadforever]Can anyone help me decide which hotel, Iberostar Bavaro vs. NOW Larimar will better suit me.
Things that are important to me are:

Pool with plenty of chairs/space.
Need to have a least one bar by the beach that is open till 9-10 at night.
Clear water at the beach with no seaweed.
Food
Cleanliness
Well maintained infrastructure.

Thank you

[/quote]

I dont know of any resort that has beach bar open till 10… Grand Paradise used to, now that they are Royalton im not sure that they do now

be a interesting list if anyone knows for sure which hotels do offer this

Iberostar Dominicana til 11 pm

Thank you for your responses.

Debbie,Are you not giving a check mark for anything at the Larimar because from your experience the hotel is not worthy of a check or you do not know about the Larimar.
What time is the bar open at the IB?
I thought they were comparable hotels but IB is pricing almost 2x the Larimar right now.Perhaps IB is just overpriced?

Thank you

I left Now Larimar out because I haven’t stayed there for a length of time. I am only speaking of my experience with the Iberostar Bavaro.

When you check reviews you will see that Iberostars are very consistent in their reviews in terms of food and service. One class of guests, all get treated the same, same foods and top shelf available to everyone for the asking and everyone gets the same rooms inside, there’s not a bad view from any of there rooms. I haven’t read the same about the Lairmar.

I’m not saying anything bad about Larimar other than their food and alcohol budget is lower per guest.

Personally, for me, top shelf doesn’t mean a lot. OK, I need at least middle shelf. The real cheap rum (Normandy leaps to mind) isn’t the best, but for me, Brugal/Barcelo and Presidente are just fine. Now, if rye and scotch are your thing, top shelf is a BIG DEAL. The local stuff just doesn’t cut it.
And at a 2:1 price ratio, it would be hard to justify the more expensive property. It likely will be better, but not twice as good. We just returned from a 10 day cruise that cost three times what I paid for 14 days in the DR. It was great, but there’s no way it was three times better. Geometric progressions I guess …

Hello all,

My wife and I have have stayed at the IB Bavaro for five (5) times in the past 12 years or so. The IB Bavaro property has immaculately manicured grounds that surround the property (and adjacent Punta Cana and the Dominicana sections). The service, food, ambience at the IB Bavaro are exceptional (as well as the other IB resorts in Mexico that we have stayed at). This year however, we chose to do something different, not necessarily better (although time will tell). This year in August we are booked for four (4) nights at The Sanctuary, and then we will transfer to the NOW Larimar Resort for six (6) nights.

If you choose the IB Bavaro, then you made a wise choice.

Have fun!

[quote=@mountaineer]Hello all,

My wife and I have have stayed at the IB Bavaro for five (5) times in the past 12 years or so. The IB Bavaro property has immaculately manicured grounds that surround the property (and adjacent Punta Cana and the Dominicana sections). The service, food, ambience at the IB Bavaro are exceptional (as well as the other IB resorts in Mexico that we have stayed at). This year however, we chose to do something different, not necessarily better (although time will tell). This year in August we are booked for four (4) nights at The Sanctuary, and then we will transfer to the NOW Larimar Resort for six (6) nights.

If you choose the IB Bavaro, then you made a wise choice.

Have fun![/quote]

Now Larimar will not be as nice, Sanctuary is.

My question is why change?

Be sure to let us know your comparisons and/or how you enjoyed your vacation.