Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Iberostar Costa Dorada

After a lot of fighting back and forth on where to go this spring for a vacation, me and three of my friends has decided that Iberostar looks the best and we finally booked it yesterday to go March 18th-25th.

We are 4 singles going down for a good(party) time. I’ve heard this resort is geared to families, but hopefully with the size of the resort there will be a mixture.

Anybody else going the same time?

Iberostar is a nice resort. We stayed next door at the Coral Marien last April and we loved it. We walked through the Iberostar a couple of times … a lot of kids and families …but, everyone seemed to be having a good time! Both resorts died down after the “show” which was around 11:00 pm … for the one’s that want to party hardy there are clubs outside the resorts and a taxi will take you there no problem. The Marien has a club and I’m sure the Iberostar does too … but, most people liked to venture out. Have fun!

the iberostar does have a disco " route 66" and it was not happening when we were there. We too are young and this resort was not a party place but very beautiful and had good food. I also stayed next door at the marien last new years and it is a awsome resort, but too hot happening just like the previous poster mentioned. IT all depends on the people at the resort at the time you stay, hopefully you will be very lucky and it will be more exciting.
that is also the price you pay to have a great resort, i find most young people can’t afford these nicer resorts, so you end up with more of a older crowd and families, but if oyu want a party / active crowd you have to down grade your standards to a less star rating and more affordable place. That is just my opinion and the way i have seen it in all my years of travelling.

This is the best AI on the North Coast. It accomaodates families, couple, singles alike. My friends and I ( all in our 30’s) have stayed at ICD three times. Will be returning in April again. Everyone is so friendly, the food is great, the beach is gorgeous and the rooms spacious. The resort does slow down after midnight, so get out to the clubs in Playa Dorada. Mangu is the hottest.

I think I replied to your post on TripAdvisor so I won’t get into the details.

Have a great trip

Thanks a lot for the info. Can’t wait to get down there.

Iberostar is a beautiful resort. I’m single and I stayed there last year on my first trip to DR. My room was immaculate, the food was excellent, the grounds enchanting, the staff was awesome. Beautiful people. The staff surprised me with a birthday cake and I was very grateful. There was a mixture of families, couples and singles there. It was safe and yes quiet after about 11 pm. I agree with checking out the local discos. And also check out the tours. As female traveling solo, I felt safe. I got to know a lot of the staff by name, asked questions and just used common sense. Made some good friends and we still write up to this day. I felt very comfortable there and most thought I was Dominican anyway. Have a great time.

Edit: It did rain for 1 full day so I got a massage and a pedicure!
No worries!

Iberostar is a beautiful resort. There is usually a mixture of singles as well as families. The disco is great, but if you want it a little more lively there are discos close by. I can’t wait until April when we return for our third trip

I would advise you to get out of the hotel and go to the lively bars and discos in Playa Dorada.

lfcsja,
I’ve been to the playa dorado’s disco’s before - Hemmingways, Crazy Moon and Mangu’s. I was curious does certain disco’s do better certain times of the year. I stayed at Gran Vantena in April 2004 and Hemmingway’s was the best spot to go(packed every night). Then I stayed at Allegro Playa Dorado in Feb. 2006 and Hemmingways was empty every night and Mangu’s was the spot to go(and even that was only busy on the weekends).

Would it be worth the money to go clubbing at the beach bars in Caberate? And if so, what would a cab cost to get there and back?

Thanks.

Posted price for a cab to Cabarete from Iberostar is $35.00 - 1-way. You can negotiate your own return fare though. Probably for about $50.00, plus tip, most drivers will atke you to AND pick you up in Cabarete at a preset time, and return you to your hotel. Pay him when you’ve returned to your hotel.

Posted price for a cab to Cabarete from Iberostar is $35.00 - 1-way. You can negotiate your own return fare though. Probably for about $50.00, plus tip, most drivers will atke you to AND pick you up in Cabarete at a preset time, and return you to your hotel. Pay him when you’ve returned to your hotel. Cabarete is a great place to go, to sit on the beach, to eat some food comparable to what you get at home, and a bunch of great bars and/or shopping destinations. I miss it already and I was there 2 weeks ago.

Just returned from ICD. It was great! Not a lot of families there (ie/ very few children), more couples and it seemed larger groups of young people. We are 24, so it was perfect. A little more classy than your typical resort, but lots of fun to be had at the disco, lobby bar or out on the beach. We meant to check out Mangu as well, but never made it. You’ll have a great time!