Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Iberostar Dominicana

Has anyone stayed here? I am considering this for my trip next year.

In our many trips to the DR, this resort is our fave. The service is really better than other resorts - the staff actually seem to be having fun at work. Great stretch of beach, recently updated rooms, and not a huge “take the train to see the entire resort” place. Any specifics? Ask away…

How are the pools? Food? Beach? If all those things are nice we will love it. Is there shops on the resort?

The beach is deep, with many palapas for shade. Volleyball on the beach every day. Lunch buffet with shaded outdoor patio directly overlooking the beach. Great selection of pizza, pasta, burgers, fish, chicken salads etc at lunch. A large pool, with pool side bar (not swim up) and a small, very shallow children’s pool. You can use the pool/facilities at the IB Punta Cana as well - though we never did. The main buffet is open air - there are a la cartes that are air conditioned. Good selection at the buffet - always some cooking stations if you want something fresh to order. The food is good quality and plentiful.

There are shops on the resort, and also some independent shops about a 10 minute walk down the beach. Always a bar close by to get a drink, and I can not say enough about the amazing service at bars and restaurants. Hope this helps.

Sounds like a nice place! You have been there the past couple of years so I take it you really liked it! As long as the price is right I think I migt of found my resort.

We stayed at the Dominicana last Christmas holiday and had an excellent time. I would return there in a heart beat and probably will. I concur with the other comments. Make sure you make your reservations at soon as you arrive because the restaurants fill up fast. My only complaint would the aggressive vendors on site. You will not regret your decision if you choose to stay at the Dominicana.

Yes, bryan2 if we are fortunate to again return to the DR, we will choose IB Dominicana. We tried an alternative for New Years this year (Riu Bambu) due to pricing; and were very very disappointed. Hope you have a great trip!

You are getting me excited! Can’t wait to look into pricing and get it booked!

Have a great trip bryan2 LOL Glad I could help.

We’re also considering this resort, but I read in few places that it’s a part of 2 or 3 Iberostar resorts.
Is it all connected, is the beach one tight one for all 3 ?
Could you explain a bit how the sharing of grounds is, for example drinks, bars, food, pools.
Never been to DR before and I see a lot of resorts are 2-3 parts.

look up the IBerostar map and you will see, they are separate resorts, on separate grounds etc., 4 in a row and each have their own beach section. However, with the PUnta Cana and Dominicana the facilities are interchangeable, you cannot use the facilities of the Bavaro or the Grand.