Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Iberostar laguna azul

Does anyone know exactly where on the strip that the new iberostar hotel will be located?

Has anyone been there recently and observed how the construction is going?

This resort is next to the Tryp. It was in the process of being built in 2007 and as well continued last spring when we stayed at PPDM 2008. We are looking at booking for late March but I’m concerned as I can find it online for booking but not a whole lot more! Let me know if you find info.

They have changed the scheduled opening date to May 1st, 2009. Gonna have to find somewhere else for the March break!

I tryed finding the information on the opening dates and couldn’t find anything. Where did you find the information for the new opening dates? We have family booked for April, that is not good!!!

Thanks,

JAckie

I was talking to my friend who is an Iberostar Manager last week. He was supposed to go with the Iberostar Laguna Azul but has been promoted to the Iberostar Varadero. He informed me that the Laguna will not be opening until May. Jackie, your family will have to get this checked out.

Thank you Nickster for the heads up ;D

I was planning to book for March break and the dates used to be available, but now if you click on the actual resort name at the booking sites, it tells you “opening May 1, 2009”

Just got off the phone with Transat and they said that there is a STOP sell on this resort until May 2nd.

Cheers,

Jackie

Here is another update from the sales manager from the Iberostar Varadero:

“Yes, they have the right information; Iberostar Laguna Azul will open on May 1st”

I would recommend anyone booked with this resort for the month of March and April get in touch with your travel agent if you used one ASAP. I know the space is getting limited at the Iberostar Varadero due to people booking with them due to the Iberostar Laguna Azul.

thank You,

Jackie