Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Iberostar Playa Almeda Beach Question

Hi all, I noticed on another site that the reviewer stated that the beach at this resort is man made, not that there is anything wrong with that :), I was at the Iberostar Varadero twice and loved the beach there, I was wondering if the beaches were very different. I realize that this resort is on the tip of the peninsula so the beach may not be the same at both resorts. Anyone been there lately wanna give me your opinion ? On the beach and the resort in general ??
Jemik

I stayed at the Tryp this year which is next to the Playa Almeda and I thought the beach was fine. We also stayed at the IV a couple years ago, loved the beach there but when we walked down there this year we found the beach had changed drastically. The beach at the Tryp/Playa Almeda was just fine, nice and wide with lots of palapas, volley ball court, etc…

Great Beach, I do not think it is man made as it is part of the peninsula and goes for miles. There are some sections in front of the resort that are rocky on the bottom. You just have to find the right place to swim.

Thanks Newfie2 and peterm0302, I do so love a nice beach 8-), sorry to hear the beach at the IV changed, I really liked that resort , it seems to have it all, I will take a walk and a look when I get there.
Once again Thanks :-*
Jemik