Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Iboerstar Daquiri vs Tryp Cayo Coco

Just wonder which you prefer. Looking for good beach, good food pretty easy going like the nightlife and then again just relax. And how do they both compare to the Melia Cayo Coco, is it worth the extra $$. Thanks so much for your replies in advance

I stayed at the Daiquiri twice and have to say that I found that the hotel was the best. The staff are really great the food was good. Room basic(have just been upgraded). Location is great, beach is really nice, I think that the beach may be better at the Tryp from looking at pictures. The Daiquiri is small and you get to know the staff and fellow vacationers very easy. Pilar beach is also a must do while there($5.00 cab from hotel).

Iberostar is a very good hotel chain and if you check out the reviews you will see that they are just about all the same, positive.

For the extra money at MCC you have the advantage of walking down the beach to either the Sol Club or the Tryp and can use all the amenities there up until 5p.m. they just give you an extra ID bracelet, and as well for an extra 5cc you can take the 45 min bus ride to Cayo Guillermo and stay the day at either the Melia or Sol there, another advantage is that it is adults only, no disco but there is one next door at the Sol
but re the Daiquiri, we stayed there one week in Oct and loved it staff at both places were top notch
if there is a choice between the Iberostar or Tryp I would take the Iberostar myself, (warmer atmosphere) although beach is wider at the Tryp, I also think the Tryp may have more nightlife?

We have stayed twice at the Tryp and once at the Iberostar Daiquiri. If we were to return to that area of Cuba, it would be the Iberostar Daiquiri hands down. The entertainment and food were superior there. The beach is great at both resorts…although quite narrow at high tide.