Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

If you could start over again

If I could start over I’d be in the wouldn’t change a thing category. If you’ve found what makes you happy, there’s no need to keep searching. For us, that’s Breezes Jibacoa but, that being said, Cayo Largo was our first love and we hold it close in our hearts. We dropped it because it’s not easy to get there from Vancouver but, even if it were, we probably would have started looking elsewhere because we no longer want just a beach vacation.

…I would have joined Debbie’s, read reviews and asked questions before deciding on a resort. Learned, the hard way, to pay attention to the star rating and really pay attention to what others say about a resort you are considering. We are planning on returning, this winter, and that’s why I finally joined up…to pick brains ;D

What brains? :smiley:

Welcome zephyr, pick away!

Of the several places we’ve been, if I could pick one area as a first time, it would be Guardalavaca or Santa Lucia.

However, when recommending to someone, you have to keep their age, personalities, preferences, etc on mind. I wouldn’t send dad to Varadero, but I wouldn’t send my daughter to one of the remote places east of Santiago.