Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

I'm tempted

Wild Card 4 star vacation with Go Travel Direct out of Halifax to Punta Cana…has anyone done it?

They are offering a 4 star for $999 on the date that we’d like to go.

Of course the catch is:

“When you arrive in Punta Cana, our Go Travel Direct representative will inform you which resort you will be staying at.”

Any opinions on this, or better yet, advice from someone who has done it?

A few years ago we bought a 3 star wild card vacation from GTD and had a wonderful time. Check out the 4 stars that are being sold in Punta Cana and decide if you would be willing to take a chance. Consider it an adventure and you will likely be pleasantly surprised with the result.

Go for it!!!11

I would absolutely go for it! For that price at a 4-star I’m sure it will be worth it!

Peer Pressure!!! ;D

Thanks all

It would be totally worth it -DO IT!!!

Just be sure there are no Hedionism in the area…unless you wouldn’t mind that !

If you don’t have any family or friends going with you, or don’t need/want to meet anyone at a particular resort than it sounds pretty good.

That being said, I don’t know when you are looking at going, but I would be surprised if you couldn’t find a 4 star for that price range if you looked hard enough and then you would have it booked for you went and would know exactly where you are going.

GTD only has one 4 star resort listed out of Halifax, The Club at Grand Paradise Bavaro, so that’s where Radiochicky would end up. The savings are significant booking it as a wild card.

My brother did GTD Wild Card (from Ottawa) last year, they ended up at ‘The Club at Grand Paradise Bavaro’. They liked it but were quite far off the beach, but that’s the case with alot of these larger resorts.

Go For It ;D Great price :wink:

Contact the TA they should have a list of the properties that they list in this area that are going to be your choices , we were going to try this back in Jan and I cantacted TA and they told exactly which resorts that would be offered, we did decline as they were not any from our list of choices , we were flexable but we do like close to the beach, and the ones offered were not , so good luck , don’t forget to check it out with your TA never hurts too ask.

Huh…that’s a great idea - it didn’t even occur to me that they might just tell me what resorts are on offer…thanks!