Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Info needed about travel agency club

Hi , I just got a phone call from these guys called " Sundream Holidays ". They claim to offer better discounts than any internet bookings. It is fuzzy as the costs for this but it seems to be about $ 300 / yr and they " claim " 20 percent better pricing than any internet price.
Anybody have any info on these guys ?

There are a few of these “Clubs” around.
Ever hear about sales people … maybe like Time Shares?
Same Crappola. >:(

Rum Trees were only half pruned last March. Did you miss a trip or am I slowing down? :wink:

VCC,

I googled them to see what they are all about…

You got my attention with the discount prices… :wink:

We have a motto here… If it’s sounds too good to be true …well you know the rest. :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: ???.. almost like buying cigars in Cuba …you know the story… my cousin works at the Cohiba factory and he gets them for me…

I checked / Googled Sundream Holidays and I could not find the TICO logo anywhere on their website… that to me is buyer beware.

Check with the BBB too ( Better Business Bureau )

We are still shopping for our fall trip so we will see if Sundream Holidays is credible.

thanks for the possible lead. If I find out any more I will post for members.

[quote=@spunky]There are a few of these "Clubs" around.
Ever hear about sales people … maybe like Time Shares?
Same Crappola. >:(

Rum Trees were only half pruned last March. Did you miss a trip or am I slowing down? ;)[/quote]

The rum trees were clobbered on the Sol side of the island. I did a trimming in Dec and a clear cut in Feb.

Maybe because TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario) only operates in Ontario . Different provinces have different agencies, I think.

Here is what I found on Sundream Holidays website … "All Sundream Holidays Club Members are serviced through Tropical Laguna Travel or our TICO Affiliate Travel Agency Global Custom Travel ". So , it looks that they offer protection .

Maybe is worth to check them out ?

Global Custom Travel Online is a TICO Registered Travel Agency. TICO# 50018716

Google “Sundream Holidays complaints”.
In Dartmouth NS they get an F rating from the BBB. Could be the issues have been resolved but I’d do some serious checking before giving this company any money.

All their phone lines had out of date messages. No real people. Maybe they just work the profit season. Good luck with complaints.

I did more digging and they are a total scam.
They offer a money back guarantee BUT, they will deduct any money they figured that they saved you. You also must wait 5 years to use this " guarantee ". To get your "guarantee " you also must use two condo rentals at their sites.
Needless to say, once they are paid , your cash is gone forever.

It would be interesting to know how these scum got your name & number

I think they just call phone #'s in sequence.
I have called scam busters, city cops, the local newspaper, and NOBODY will even look at these assholes ( sorry but a spade is a spade )

no apologies needed…I share your dislike for this scum