Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Interesting Landmarks To Photograph?

??? ???My friend got a great digital camera outfit;, tripod etc and is looking for landmarks to take interesting pictures of. Are there any waterfalls around the area other interesting photo shots??
Any suggested sites to visit?? One can get bored with beach shots??

Mountain views?? Sunsets?? or Sunrises the best locale for these?? ??? ???

Thanks Again

I know you said you want to avoid beach shots but the best sunsets I’ve seen are from Sosua beach, more spectacular views can be obtained by going up the cable car (Teleferico) in Puerto Plata to the top of Mount Isabel de Torres where there are great views over PP and surrounding area also botanical gardens with flowers and creatures small and smaller if you want different pictures. You could also try down by the Fort at the end of the Malecon (sea front road) in PP sometimes nice sunsets there. For wild nightlife (Human!!) try Cabarete as there are loads of bars along the waterfront, not to bad there in the day as well as they do windsurfing and kite surfing there. Go on a few trips for different views and places, there are loads available. If you want a tour operator I will recommend Martin Espinal at Isiara tours who will help as much as possible to make sure you get what you want. PM or email me and I’ll send his details if you want them.

Enjoy you camera and remember when getting rid of the not so good ones NOT to hit the delete all button as once they’ve gone you’ve lost them!!! Very annoying.

Cheers Amandalou :-*

Thanks…will pass the info on to my photography buddy!!