Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Is it "chillier" this year?

I know it’s all relative and we will never complain about the “cold” but is it chillier this year? I noticed that it is supposed to be 8 degrees in Havana this week??? :o

Yes, it has been colder then ‘normal’ in both Canada and Cuba this winter.

More cooler winds and the water seems cooler

cold and all the snow this year sucks

yes it has been very very cold everywhere!!! everyone i have known that has been to cuba this year said that it was not that greay! windy, cool temps and cold/rain…

I would say so. This year was the coolest we have experienced in the last 4 years

So much for “Global warming”

If it gets any colder even Cubans are going to have to get some heaters installed …

We were in Jibacoa at the end of Jan and it got down to 10 one night. It was the coldest weather they have had in 8 yrs

I just got a letter from friends in Varadero and they said it went down to 10 degrees C. She asked me to bring an overcoat if we go down this spring.

It sure seems cooler here in BC for end of February. However, the daffodils sprouts are popping up in my mom’s balcony planters, but it is not exactly spring like outside these days.

Next year, when we NEED it to be cold and snowy…well hopefully same weather for the 2010 Olympics. But this year, enough is enough (I am not a whiny BC person, as I hail originally from Alberta and know all about cold winters).

[quote=@yanet]It sure seems cooler here in BC for end of February. However, the daffodils sprouts are popping up in my mom’s balcony planters, but it is not exactly spring like outside these days.

Next year, when we NEED it to be cold and snowy…well hopefully same weather for the 2010 Olympics. But this year, enough is enough (I am not a whiny BC person, as I hail originally from Alberta and know all about cold winters).[/quote]

Daffodils sprouts ??
You really need to venture east about 2500 miles.
You do not need to worry about your sprouts.
Your fingers and toes , yes.
Minus 30 here again.

" Oh Sun-God , tell me who must be sacrificed to appease thyself and restore the heat to our home. "

" How many bottles of rum :o ;D :o "

" I will do thy bidding "

Who said that I am not religious ?

verycoldcanadian…my apologies, I am not a gardener…I guess it is the buds sprouting from the soil…

I was back east at Christmas visiting my boyfriend and it was 29 below…so yup it all came flooding back - bone chilling cold weather. So thanks for the invite, but I will pass this winter.

BBC weather is saying a high of 20C for Miami on Monday and Havana won’t be that much different. I do like to track the weather for Cuba and yes, it’s been much cooler this year.

Not sure where you live Yanet but here in White Rock my crocuses, even those on the north side, have been blooming for the last two weeks. Last week we were sitting on the balcony in our loungers wearing T-shirts, sunning ourselves and enjoying a Havana Especial. No complaints about our weather from me.

Well I must admit there was one 13 celcius degree day that was pretty nice, but it did snow last week, and especially where I work, up at SFU…still snow there, of course.

I live in Surrey YVRick.

Actually I meant crocuses, not daffodils. It is my mom’s plants, and a gardener, I ain’t.

We were at Breezes Jibacoa the first two weeks of February and the first week had some of the coldest weather we have ever experienced in Cuba. The day we overnighted in Havana, it hit 6C and all you heard from the Cubans was “muy frio”. I had not taken a jacket having never required one before so I was huddled up in one of my pashimas. The second week returned to low 30’sC and the water was warm for snorkeling. When the jet stream sticks it’s tongue at the Caribbean, you know it’s going to be chilly in Cuba…that’s what the Cubans call it “the tongue” ;D

p.s. we may have had a couple of “warm” days here on the West coast but our thoughts of an early Spring were quickly dashed by another blast from Old Man Winter :’( Last time I’ll tell any distant family members, looks like we are over the hump of winter out here :-[ :wink:

Considering it’s -15C here this morning (-23C with the windchill factor), I’d gladly take +20C!

I am with you AnnneM, anything right now will beat this -20C weather !! I am just finishing my packing for Cayo Coco on Tuesday and hope to have at least +20C. Hopefully the chilly front has moved out by then !

Monday to thursday for cayo coco low of 17C and high of 23C still beats -20 have a good time

Returned late Friday evening from a week’s stay in Santa Clara.
All our previous Cuba trips were January trips and I was anticipating far warmer temperatures. When we deplaned, the air was decidedly “fresh”. Windy and cool all week but the sun was warm which was a blessing. Came home with great tans and lots of bad hair pics lol.