Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Is this a silly question

I heard from some one that if you are in the canadian military you might have a problem in Cuba…with Customs…etc
Does anyone know if this is the case or has anyone in the Military travelled to Cuba without any problems?

There is no reason for Immigration in Cuba (or anywhere else) to be appraised of any military affiliation, is there? It’s no one’s business but your own.

In any case, no problems.

By the way, if you’re an American and you let it slip that you’re military then it’s a whole different situation…

I have learned from a friend that if Canadian Military personnel plan on a trip to Cuba that they indeed have to have something special filed with the Canadian military. Some kind of paper work with dates etc. From what I gather from him it takes a while to get this done so if you are in the military you had better check things out with your office.

He seemed to know what he was talking about. I’m not in the military so I didn’t really pay that much attention. You had better check first before booking anything. He’s posted in Nova Scotia, but I would assume that it would be the same all across the board.

I don’t think it on the Cuban end that it’s a problem just here in Canada. Wanting to keep tabs on personnel perhaps.

Thanks…I didn’t think there would be a problem and knew someone here would give me an answer