Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Is Your Travel Tickets.com Legit?

Has anyone used these guys?? Are they reputable?

They just quoted me a Trip to Punta Cana for two weeks $995.96 cheaper than anything else I have found on line (for the same thing) or through my TA.

You know what your mother always said, “If it sounds too good too be true, than it usually is.”

I just checked the Vacation I want, and it will be 10.00 cheaper than itravel 2000.

whats the link???

PM sent with link.

Hi deborama,

I have booked my last 6 or 7 vacations with YTT, and I am really impressed with their service. They are definitely legit, and are actually a storefront travel agency that has been in business for 45 years under the name World Wide Travel with one of their main offices here in St. Catharines. If you go to their site, you can click on the “Corporate Info” link, and you will see a bit more about their company.

I would not hesitate booking with them, and will continue to do so. (And no…I do not work for or with them :wink: )

Sharon :sunglasses:

I booked with them in 2005 and loved them! They had the best price at the time and their customer service was awesome! I did not book online but actually called in as I was booking for several people with several credit cards and they totally made me feel comfortable, answered all of my questions very professionally and e-mailed me promptly to confirm my reservation. They gave me a customer service number and e-mail to use if I had any questions AND an emergency number in case something happened on my trip or at the airport. It was great. If the price is right, I would say, YES! Definitely use them!

They’ve got the lowest price I can find for the package I want, too. I was also wondering about booking with them.

I was going to book with SellOff again, but I called them to ask a question and after reading me what the brochure said, the girl told me she’d need to call the Tour Operator about that. But she didn’t offer to do it and she didn’t get my number to call me back. So I’m looking for someone else to book with now.

[quote author=jean board=general thread=1153857364 post=1153927545]They’ve got the lowest price I can find for the package I want, too. I was also wondering about booking with them.

I was going to book with SellOff again, but I called them to ask a question and after reading me what the brochure said, the girl told me she’d need to call the Tour Operator about that. But she didn’t offer to do it and she didn’t get my number to call me back. So I’m looking for someone else to book with now.[/quote]

Jean:

I booked with selloffvacations in january and I have to agree with you. Although nothing went wrong and our tickets were waiting for us at the airport and all, I kind of got the feeling that they were reading from a script and making no REAL effort to answer my questions. Don’t get me wrong, they did nothing “wrong”, they just did not have that little extra, you know? Yourtraveltickets definetely did!

My 2 pesos…

Booked 2 or 3 trips via YTT in the last 4 years… had no problem what so ever… was dealing with Lysa… had great service, she was eager to please and it showed!!!

This trip, I called YTT again a few times about different resorts and spoke to 2 different people as Lysa was not available and will not be for a short while. They told me right off that I should go on the internet site and that all the info was there… I really felt that I was bothering them…

Needless to say that I’ll be waiting for Lysa to come back before I deal with YTT again.

I went with Selloffvacations… they were cheaper (not by much, but cheaper) and yes, when I asked a few questions they did not have all the answers. But they were polite, asked me to wait a moment and went to get the answer. I’d rather be told to wait while they get an answer then to be given just any answer…

Leaving for Varadero in 11 days… ;D ;D ;D

Certainly we’re not the average traveller who calls these places, are we? We usually know more than they do about our choices, thanks to this forum. If we’ve got a question, it’s not one that can be answered by reading the brochure. I wonder if they hate it when we say, “But I read on the internet that…”

I wonder if it’s the same gal I spoke with earlier this summer when there were rumours of a $100 fuel surcharge. She was absolutely useless. It sounded like she was a very new employee with no travel agent background whatsoever and no professionalism.

Lysa is very knowledgeable and bust her chops for you… but these 2 other ones…

Friend booked with YTT last December and got an amazing deal. Couldn’t believe it when she told me the price for her week in POP!

Could someone PM me the link…I’m looking for a cheap vacation around the 21st. of august for me and my 3 friends. I’m coming from newfoundland. doesn’t matter to where…just somewhere hot…anyone know of some good deals?

PM sent

thanks bryan…but can’t get anything out of newfoundland until sept. that sucks :’(

I booked last week with yourtraveltickets and I was very pleased with the service. They started by having the best price by about $80 - not huge, but good. When I called them, they were having computer problems at their end and I was told I should go ahead and book online and someone would call me back. She offered to stay on the line with me to help me fill out the form if I wanted, but I felt I was capable of that.

So I booked online, but I didn’t realize until the end that I would need to pay in full now. We’re not travelling until Feb, so I hadn’t expected that. But I went ahead with it.

Since then, 2 people have called me and I’ve had emails from them. They were very quick at finding out answers to my questions and getting back to me. The 2 women I dealt with were very knowledgeable and friendly, even though I was working from a new brochure and I asked some specific questions.

I’m very happy with the service so far.

Payment in full is not uncommon with the on-line bookings.

I booked with Your Travel Tickets only after reading about them here on line and I am glad that I did. There prices were the lowest on line at the time of our booking. I am planning to book with them again for our next trip

Payment in full is not uncommon with the on-line bookings.[/quote]
My experience has been that on-line booking companies don’t offer to give you the same payment options as your travel agent but it is available if you ask (i.e. $250 per person deposit when booking and balance in full 45 days prior to departure).
If the particular tour operator’s book pricing states you must book and pay in full by a certain date, though, the on-line company will also require payment then.
One year we booked in early August for a two week trip in March. We paid the deposit the day I booked and the balance was due on September 30th (as per Signature Vacations).