Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Jamaica

It is just a thought, there are some good deals right now, have never been anywhere but DR, could someone give me some info, what are the beaches like etc. :sunglasses:

We stayed at Couples Negril three yrs ago. Nice beaches in that area of the country. Jamaica was nice, nice friendly people. A lot more Americans than the DR. I would try for the Bahia Principe there. It is only a couple of yrs old and in the same area as Couples Negril.

where were the deals out of…Toronto?? For what time of year? I have often thought of Jamaica, but normally quite a bit more to vacation there…fill me in :slight_smile:

I’m trying to change my trip to PC to Jamaica mostly due to the poor food and lack of English speaking guests at the PC resorts (my experience).

I wanted to go to a resort in Jamaica but Sunwing doesn’t go there.

Supposedly the food is much much better in Jamaica and all the guests speak English so it’s more homogenous feeling unlike PC where days would go by and I wouldn’t hear the English laguage spoken at all… and i’m talking from the guests… forget about the staff.

how’s the breakfast buffet arranged at the bahia in jamaica?
i hope they serve at least some good english spoken Bacon there.
Mike

[quote=@mikedavid00]I’m trying to change my trip to PC to Jamaica mostly due to the poor food and lack of English speaking guests at the PC resorts (my experience).

Supposedly the food is much much better in Jamaica and all the guests speak English so it’s more homogenous feeling unlike PC where days would go by and I wouldn’t hear the English laguage spoken at all… and i’m talking from the guests… forget about the staff.[/quote]

Just curious…why would you try to go Sunwing when in your other thread you disliked them…

""I flew with them 2 months ago and our flight was delayed 4 hours. The staff I found to be annoying, the food was bad, and the passengers… well… I found them to be unpleasant, unclassy, and seedy. They actually disgusted me at me at times.

But that was just my personal experience and subjective opinion.""

The deals I found were out of Toronto, but I have spoke with some people that said they didn’t feel safe off the resort in Jamaica, this is important to me because we always go off in DR & have always felt very safe.

I just checked & Sunwing flys into Montego Bay.

the girl I work with just came back on the weekend from her 4th trip this year to Jamaica … all 4 times with Sunwing

[quote=@mikedavid00]

I wanted to go to a resort in Jamaica but Sunwing doesn’t go there./quote]
Sunwing does indeed fly to Jamaica from Kitchener, Ottawa and of course Toronto.They fly on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
I would be very interested to find out which resort the poster went to that even the guests did not speak English. Even the LTI (old name) that had many German guests spoke English. My goodness, people from all over the place come to the DR even though they do not speak the Queen’s language. Never had a problem with the language issue before and probably will not have it in the future.

Bonita we never fel unsafe in the Negril area. We grabbed a cab and told the driver to take us to a town where we could feel the culture. Spent the afternoon walking about and then he took us back to our hotel. It was definitely not a tourist town.

I though the dangerous area in Jamaica was mostly in Kingston area and possibly closer to Montego Bay

[quote=@pattirose][quote=@mikedavid00]I’m trying to change my trip to PC to Jamaica mostly due to the poor food and lack of English speaking guests at the PC resorts (my experience).

Supposedly the food is much much better in Jamaica and all the guests speak English so it’s more homogenous feeling unlike PC where days would go by and I wouldn’t hear the English laguage spoken at all… and i’m talking from the guests… forget about the staff.[/quote]

Just curious…why would you try to go Sunwing when in your other thread you disliked them…

""I flew with them 2 months ago and our flight was delayed 4 hours. The staff I found to be annoying, the food was bad, and the passengers… well… I found them to be unpleasant, unclassy, and seedy. They actually disgusted me at me at times.

But that was just my personal experience and subjective opinion."" [/quote]

hey Patti,
sure such been just a “”“travelers”"" opinion,
ha ha ha

Ashley,
where ya been Gal,
been a while since i run into ya on the bord.
hope all is well with ya.

language?
yes, there are some resorts who gather due to their touroperators contracts more to the european crowds that towards the northamerican continent, but in PC the very big majority is coming from the northamerican continent, and i think that most of those american and canadian folks speak some english for a conversation.
even the last generations of europeans passed some long (and back in that young age of course boring school hours, lol) times learning enough basic english to have a conversation in that language with other visitors, if they find that othe visitor worthy to let him know about the same knowledge of language of course.

to the neighbours some may encounter on a flight with sunwing from CANADA to the caribbean:
"“I flew with them 2 months ago and our flight was delayed 4 hours. The staff I found to be annoying, the food was bad, and the passengers… well… I found them to be unpleasant, unclassy, and seedy. They actually disgusted me at me at times.”""

heck, if a self named canadian writes such on a public bord,
i don’t know,
but i knew there are things out there where a death penalty would have all it’s reasons.

maybe Sunwing takes all offers from a specific airport to anywhere off the net when a specific ‘returning’ customer logs on to check a flight shedule.

i would understand their good reasons.

happy travel
this life is beautiful
there may not be a better one, soon
Mike