Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Just back Breezes POP, any questions

Hi everyone. Just returned from 2 wonderful weeks at Breezes Puerta Plata. ;D ;D

If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them. :smiley:

Hi Pookey! Glad to hear you had a great time! We go to Breezes on March 12 for a week - can’t wait. I’ve read that there has been a change in how you reserve the spots at the restaurants. Can you explain the new procedure? Also, some earlier reports talked about the illness from the virus at this resort. Did you see or hear about many people being sick?

I will bring some of the nice weather back when I come!

Hi Pookey! Glad to hear you had a great time! We go to Breezes on March 12 for a week - can’t wait. I’ve read that there has been a change in how you reserve the spots at the restaurants. Can you explain the new procedure? Also, some earlier reports talked about the illness from the virus at this resort. Did you see or hear about many people being sick?

I will bring some of the nice weather back when I come!

Hi Pookey, I have been waiting for your return to see how your trip went. I am aware that they have reinstated a proper reservation system for the specialty restaurants. Diid you enjoy Ramon with his whistle and coffee, coffee? I have a gift for him and his wife to take with me. The burning question for me is, were there many ill people there or does it seem to be declining?

Hello Pookey, So happy that u had such a good holiday at Breezes, We will be traveling there in 12 more days! and am looking forward to it. I have a question regarding air matress’ do i need to bring a pump? to fill it up or do they have somplace that i can get it filled up with air. Also did u fly with skyservice? We are i have heard different reports on the baggage weight? Skyservice say’s 44lbs. and yet Sunwing say’s 66lbs.? any thoughts from anyone on this? Tks!!

Hola Sunset, Sunny & Chea.

Yes, they have the reservation system back but my advice is to go there as soon as you check in and book your reservations. When you check in Sunset, they will give you a little piece of paper with the name of the restaurants. Take that with you when you go to book your meal. You have to go to the stewardess at Jimmy’s Buffet. She will then fill in the day and time beside the restaurant for you as well as mark it down in her book. The restaurants fill up very fast, especially if there is a wedding. I have seen the Italian restaurant with wedding parties only in there for the whole night and believe me, there are a lot of weddings. Sometimes 4 in a day.

Chea, I took an air mattress with me, but for some reason I never used it. There is a pump outside the gift shop which I saw people coming from with their mattress blown up. I have no idea if they charge for it or not. I would guess probably not. I am a real beach lover so I didn’t spend that much time at the pool. Always a nice breeze at the beach were the pool is very hot to just lie at. They have entertainment going quite often and at 3;00 they get a lot of people joining in on various activities. There is a board near the kiddies pool that tells you what activities are planned for the day. They have lots to do!!!

As for illness, from Feb.2-8th I heard some people saying that they have been sick. Northernale1 from here was apparently really sick. The second week, 9-16th, I didn’t hear of anyone being sick. If you were to hear of anyone that was sick, it was usually in Jimmy’s buffet over a meal or at night when sitting at the front lobby bar. They talked loud enough that you couldn’t help overhear. Ted and myself were lucky and never got sick at all. I used hand sanitizer the first few days and then decided that it sounds like its more airborne then touching stuff. All we did was take a multi vitamin and B complex vitamin a day.

Hope that helps with your questions and I really hope you have an awesome vacation. Remember, its not the Royal York Hotel. Its a 3rd World developing country and the people try there hardest to make your vacation the best.

Adios Amigo’s.
Pookey (Pat) :smiley:

Thanks Sunset for offering to bring back some nice weather. We are suppose to get a dump full of snow and freezing rain starting this afternoon and overnight. I will hold you to that promise. LOL :wink:

Pookey! There you are! I haven’t had much time for the boards lately, and missed your “we’re home” post.

Would you mind shooting me an email? Just wanted to touch base about your MSC donations, which were amazing and VERY well-received :slight_smile:

webmaster@fiesta.webcentre.ca

Hope to hear from ya soon amiga!