Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Just back from Brisas Guardalavaca

Just got back yesterday. They have done a tremendous job repairing everything.We were there last January and if you didnt know the place you would never know there was damage.
I will post my review shorlty. any questions let me know.

Looking forward to your review Jayne as we’re going there early April.

Jayneb was a good resource for us last year before we went to this resort. :slight_smile: It helps to know a bit about the place before you go. It’s a great little spot.

We walked through there several times when we were next door at Atlantico November '07. We fell in love with it even not staying, eating or drinking there.

Has to be the best groomed place I’ve been through.

Is the nightly entertainment back on the hotel side or is it still on the villas side?
Tx

Last week it was at both. They seemed to be alternating. They have done a great job on renovating the hotel pool! it looks fanatastic,

Thanks Jayneb,
I will be anxiously waiting to here your review also,we are leaving April 13th and staying this year in the Hotel section.
From posted pics I saw there was some serious damage from Ike.

Bluepoint

Glad to hear they’re back, and as good as ever.
This is the only spot we’ve repeated (so far), and I do plan on returning in the future.
Looking forward to the view, and maybe some pics? :wink:

Hi jayneb,

I am anxiously awaiting your review too (no pressure, haha).

Did you stay in the hotel? I will be there in the hotel March 9. Last year our bathroom electrical outlet has 110 so there was no need for a converter or adapter. I am wondering if that is the case with all of the bathrooms in the hotel or just the rooms that have recently been renovated.

Did you eat in the a la cartes? Any recommendations for best food? Last year we found the hotel buffet consistently better but other reviews I have read contradict that.

Did you “do” the train/trolley tour from the hotel? If so, what/where were the stops?

What is the situation with shade trees on the beach (any left after the hurricanes?)

Overall, did you enjoy your vacation there? Would you return again or is it time to move elsewhere?

Oh yeah, it has just starting snowing here again in NB - this is getting depressing! Even talking about going to Cuba helps a little bit!

Oatey,
Just posted my review, should be up there tomorrow.
To answer your questions:

Did you stay in the hotel?
We stayed at the villas so I cant help you there. the villas are all marked as 220V, didnt need and adapter or converter though.

Did you eat in the a la cartes?
Yes both of them.
Any recommendations for best food?
We preferred the Italian (although we really arent seafood people)
Last year we found the hotel buffet consistently better but other reviews I have read contradict that.
We found them both the same really. My daughter liked the kids section at the hotel

Did you “do” the train/trolley tour from the hotel? If so, what/where were the stops? Didnt do the train, cnt help you there,

What is the situation with shade trees on the beach (any left after the hurricanes?)They lost alot of trees but there is still plenty of shade.

Overall, did you enjoy your vacation there? Would you return again or is it time to move elsewhere?

We thouroughly enjoyed going back there. We loved the treatment we recieved. I will not hesitate to go back again as soon as we can.

If you want to send me a message I can answer any other questions and send some pics too.

Think warm thoughts!! you will be there soon enough :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info Jayneb. I’ll be sure to watch for your review in the next day or two.

When we were there in October, they had bar service right to the beach. (from El Patio) We are returning April 3 and wondering if this service is still available? Our understanding was it was a trial to see how well it went over.

Yes they did have it still. At least at the villa beach anyway.

Bar service to the Beach ??? In the Villa section??
Tell me more

Yes they have waiters down on the beach filling up your drinks. They even refill the bubbas. quite nice actually.

[quote=@bluepoint]Bar service to the Beach ??? In the Villa section??
Tell me more[/quote]

As if I needed another reason to head back!! :o

Thanks, just one more thing that’s getting us excited about returning.