Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Just Back from Iberostar Bavaro

Cathy and I were there from February 7th until this morning.

The 1st 4 days were rainy, with a howling wind. :stuck_out_tongue:

The last 10 were nice and sunny, but the wind was still strong most days. There was not one green flag day during our two weeks. But, we got lots of sun and warmth. ;D

We ran into rod and Rachel at Steve’s Bar this past Wednesday, and had the pleasure of meeting both Mikes.

The Iberostar Bavaro was everything that Joe and Karen, and all the reviews said it would be. Great!

Tom

So glad you agree that the Iberostar Bavaro is a great resort and a real favourite of ours, thanks to Joe and Karen also, we now have the same room as theirs…lol.

I don’t know how we missed you though as one of our weeks overlapped. Maybe we crossed each other and didn’t know it. We also went to Steve’s but during our first week.

Going back this summer for visit #6.

Cheers,
Debbie & Tim

Were you in the Gourmet restaurant for Valentine’s Day?

Cathy and Tom
Glad you had a wonderful time-sorry you had some bad weather in the beginning of trip-glad it cleared for you!

Debbie
What room number do you get? We only got actual beachfront once and it was building 235…another time we got a beachfront building but not beachfront and it was building 129…

Hi.

As a matter of fact we were. We had a 6:30 PM reservation. Were you guys there as well?

Tom

Yes we were, we were in the corner at 7 pm. did you hear or notice the commotion with Alex the waiter… too funny he dropped a wine bottle which crashed at my feet, got a little wet, we just laughed where as other people would of been mortified. We have watched little Alex grow up there, he looks so young and has been there for many years.

There was also the couple from Montreal sitting in around the center of the Gourmet, James was the one handing out roses to the ladies.

Where were you sitting?

Deb

[quote=@debinatore]Yes we were, we were in the corner at 7 pm. did you hear or notice the commotion with Alex the waiter… too funny he dropped a wine bottle which crashed at my feet, got a little wet, we just laughed where as other people would of been mortified. We have watched little Alex grow up there, he looks so young and has been there for many years.

There was also the couple from Montreal sitting in around the center of the Gourmet, James was the one handing out roses to the ladies.

Where were you sitting?

Deb[/quote]

How the heck could I miss the wine bottle breaking? :o I must have been preoccupied with my date! :sunglasses:

We were along the back wall, 2nd or 3rd from the corner directly across from the entrance.

Cathy kept the rose in a water glas for the next week until we left yesterday. Too bad we mised you.

Tom

Well, me oh my, I think I see you in one of our pics, were you wearing a dark shirt that night and Kathy was sleevless? Now I’ve got to check out the video I took that night :sunglasses:

So tell me, whatcha think of the infamous Claudio (he’s the dude that struts the beach 47 times a day in his little thong thingy? :sunglasses:

Debbie-was Claudio there when you were? I wonder if he’ll still be there when we get there…I know he stays for a long time when he is there! Everyone knows of Claudio! :slight_smile:

Hey Nancy, yes Claudio was there, he’s getting a little older, but still quite “colourful”.
Send me your email address. ;D

[quote=@debinatore]Well, me oh my, I think I see you in one of our pics, were you wearing a dark shirt that night and Kathy was sleevless? Now I’ve got to check out the video I took that night :sunglasses:

So tell me, whatcha think of the infamous Claudio (he’s the dude that struts the beach 47 times a day in his little thong thingy? 8-)[/quote]

I think I was wearing a dark shirt. Cathy was wearing red. I’m a little “thin” on top, but “full-figured” everywhere else. ;D

If Claudio is that little skinny older guy with the all-over tan, yeah he was there in full-form. Something else, eh? :o

Tom

[quote]

I’m a little “thin” on top, but “full-figured” everywhere else. ;D

Tom[/quote]

LMAO, ;D ;D
Tom doesnt lie

Welcome back guys. Glad you enjoyed nuestra segunda casa IB*B. April will not get here soon enough as it’s once again 12degrees F with Lake snow…When will the winter kind of give up? Our luck here in Crapchester, probably not until April. :’( :’(
Hasta luego

“Papa” Joe y Karen :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

PS
Debbie. Any new pix of Claudio? ;D

Sure thing Joe, got video, coming your way right now.

I bet our Winterpeg is colder than your Crapchester… anyhoo, are you going back in August again?

Deb.

Agosto for sure. The same time frame for 2 weeks , most likely 6-21. We already know that all of our friends and their families from Europe will be there and this will be the 5th summer together with all of them.
It’s sort of like a IB* family reunion

The video is a RIOT :o ;D :o ;D

Hasta Luego
Joe & Kar :sunglasses: :sunglasses: