Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Just booked Bahia Principe Akumal

HOLA!!!

I just booked my second trip to the Mayan Riviera. Last year I stayed at Grand Palladium and this year I decided to try Bahia Principe Akumal. What are your top 3 favorite things to do or see & places to eat at the GPB resort?

Does anyone know if the a la carte menus are posted online?

Use this link and work your way around to the various places Tulum Coba etc and you will see info re the restaurants. http://www.bahiaprincipeusa.com/bp/usa/caribbean-hotels/mexico/riviera-maya/gran-bahia-principe-akumal/hotel-installations.html

Congrats on booking this resort gosialovestotravel, I would recommend the Don Pablo (Tulum section) and the Oriental Restaurant which is located in the Hacienda. Both are very good and then ask around the resort for the third one. You have to go to the beach bar located in front of the Tulum section and try the burgers and ribs…wow.

Jake, eh

Thank you Jake and Terry!!!

If I remember correctly, there is a “Bahia Nut” website. Does anyone have the address? I can’t find it.

I’ve been around this site for quite some time now gosialovestotravel, and I don’t recall seeing such a website. But hey, I’ve been wrong many times before ;).

Jake, eh

HAHAHAHA!!! I must have been dreaming because I swear I saw a site created by Bahia Nuts. Similar to the Palladium Addicts site. HAHA!!! My brain is playing games with me so it is definitely time for a vacation.

The Oriental Restaurant is no more. Sad as it was a great restaurant but has been closed for well over a year now. Although the Coba does have a Japanese Restaurant which is very good and the chef cooks in front of you. Have to agree that Don Pablo is a good choice. There is now a new brazilian restuarant which is at the Tulum section right on the beach and this has had some favourable reviews. It used to be La Gran Tortuga, so will probably still be named that on any maps you look at. I am returning to the resort in May and look forward to trying this one out. I think with the ala cartes it can be rather hit and miss with some dishes being amazing and some quite ordinary. Its just the luck of what you actually order on the night.

A site created by Bahia Nuts. Now that sounds like the site for me. As this will be my fifth visit.

Sad, but true about the Oriental… :’(

We are headed back to the Bahia, but the Ambar in Punta Cana for our second visit, wonderful place, but it’s not my Bahia in Mexico.

Wish there was a website called “Bahia Nuts”, but a few of here (original Bahia Nuts) have been many times and love it there.

mmmm, now there is an idea, hey Jake and JJay, what do you think “Bahia Nuts Forever” website (LOL) ;D ;D ;D