Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach

Hi all, just got back Monday stayed 1/12-1/19.
Dreams I would say is a solid 5 Apple no 6 Apple. As I posted earlier we took a 6 Apple square deal and ended up at Dreams Palm Beach. I had spoke to someone earlier and he was correct. I firmly believe when you book a square deal you always end up with Dreams. They must be in cahoots anyway.
The grounds are nice and layed out well, the pools are fantastic along with the pool bar. There is however a shortness in lounge chairs, they discourage trying to save them or reserve them however you have too to get them. The pool bar has premium booze however only beer is Presedente on tap.
The Lobby bar is way to small but you can get MGD and Bohemian special there along with Presedente and premium booze, however they do run out of alot of things Absolute, MGD and Black Label and 4 nights out of 7 the beer was warm. The live music they have at the lobby bar nightly consists of a guy on the piano and another singing after an hour you want to shoot yourself and this went on for all the nights we where there I complained once to the front desk and all it seamed was they got louder. The Sports bar was not really a sports bar as you would think of one it doubles as the disco and only 1 TV and they ran out of everything alot.
The buffet was OK 5 out of 6 of us had intestenal issues not sure from what. The French was good by Dominican standards I had the union soap and ribeye. The Italian was Blaaaa and a short menu. The Japanese was excellent. The Seaside grill was also ok.
The rooms are good size and beds are new and comfortable. Toilets had some flushing problems however they did work. When we first arrived they attempted to give us a room with 2 queens but rectified the situation pretty quick. Room service was remarkably well. All in All a good trip but definitly not a 6 apple. Hope this helps anyone going. I’ll be posting pics on trip advisor tonight when my wife gets the camara out of her purse.

Hi there pcbeacher…

I was just there too…sorry I didn’t get to meet you and your wife…I did meet some other posters from here and over on TA who seemed to be pleased…

I hate being back in the cold…how bout you?

Looking forward to seeing your pics…I still have more to put up from my daily postings…over 400 so far are up!

happy Travels to you

bb/mt ;D

Sorry we missed you too. How do you concur with my thread? And yes I could do without the cold!!! Although from what Ive seen and heard we missed the worst of the year so far…

pcbeacher,

I enjoyed the lobby entertainment…though there were times I thought the singer was having trouble with some notes on the whole I enjoyed the selection and his delivery…I liked the way the lobby bar blended so well into the lobby and found it hopping the times I was up there…I found the service prompt at least I never went thirsty…I am not a beer drinker mainly like the foo foo drinks so I was happy with that.

I had dinner at Bordeaux, Seaside and El Patio and was happy with the selection and dinnner at each of them… truly the food there really did impress me.

Some of my favs were the "Seafood Salad"at lunch at Seaside with Shrimp and then a seafood salad at the bottom of the dish…nice presentation and yummmy good sized shrimp! Coconut Flan there was YUM too…it became my lunch place for Fri, Sat and SUN I loved it so much! hehehe

Breakfast at the world cafe I found my FAV to be the French toast every morning I couldn’t get enough…hehehe…BIG FAT Slices of Toast done nicely in egg and grilled to perfection…the pancakes looked good but that french toast won me every day…and sprinkled with powdered sugar…my hips will never be the same…haha

Well that was my take on the food and…guess you can tell I am hungry now …LOL…just thinking about it!

Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D