Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Kid Friendly Resorts-Help Needed

Hello fellow forum members,
I need your help as I have absolutely NO experience to draw on to answer this question ::slight_smile:

Which resorts in Cuba offer activities for kids? Specifically two boys aged 5 and 9…
We have friends who are looking to take their first vacation together as a “blended” family ;D
They are open to going anywhere in the Caribbean or Mexico. One of them is from Trinidad Tobago originally, the other has never been anywhere and they don’t want to travel to the US. They are looking to travel possibly in July and it has to be fairly economical.
One problem is that their departure point is Vancouver, we already explained that chances are they will have to route through Toronto or Montreal if going to the Caribbean or east coast of Mexico, they are OK with that.
We of course are trying to sell them on Cuba…I think we are a tad biased ;D
Can any of you recommend some appropriate resorts?

Any help would be appreciated :-*

The Playa Pesquero had a kids club that the bride’s father availed of with his three young children and they loved it. The resort is large and has a lot of stuff to keep the kids busy, they even have their own area of the pool. They will let the kids in the disco while karaoke is on but after that they have to leave. The week we were there they had a Disney night and all the kids on the resort were invited to participate. We had 6 kids under 12 within the group and they all had a good time. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone with kids, the ice cream parlor alone is enough to make them happy.

Thanks Sunny, I’ll pass that along ;D

Anyone else??

I agree with sunny. When we were there, almost everywhere we went or anything we did, I recall thinking “wouldn’t the kids love this”.

Well Karmadoc, as you know, I too have pretty much the same knowledge base as you when it comes to kid friendly resorts :wink:
However, during last years stay at the Playa Pesquero it did appear that the kids were indeed VERY well entertained by the staff there throughout the day and into the evening as well.
Also, a few years back when we were at the very newly opened Barcelo Marina Palace in Varadero, it looked like they had a pretty big kids club there with one end of the resort looking very family friendly (sloping pool edge, water slide, water fountains to run through ) and the other end of the resort more adult themed with quiet pool etc. Maybe someone could shed some light on that one for you as well.
Good luck, and we’ll miss you at the piano bar reunion this year as we are returning to the PP again in April. Our hearts belong to Jibacoa and hopefully we’ll return soon :-*

Can anyone else offer some wisdom here ??? ::slight_smile:

From what I’ve heard, Tryp Peninsula is a wonderful place for families with young kids - it’s definitely on my list if I ever make it to Varadero!

I cannot speak from experience, but I just returned from the Sirenis La Salina and their Kid’s Club seem quite busy and the water slide was popular (mostly by kids as the adults are not as crazy to go into the cool pool water, except of course to swim-up bar). There were a lot of kids and happy families around the resort. They have a Mini-Disco at night before the Stage show.

Went last year to Brisas Guardalavaca with our 6 year old. She loved it and met lots of friends. We all loved it so much we are heading there in 3 weeks. Great pools and great beach,