Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Kids Club - Which is Best

Help. My son (almost 8) and I will be in Punta Cana 11/23. I need to know where the best kids club is e.g., good hours, fun for the kids, fully open, etc. We’re currently booked at Sunscape Casa Del Mar but just found out their kids club is being renovated. Looks like in Punta Cana some of the good ones are listed below but I keep hearing some are closed, not that great, etc. I also want to make sure for me that we have time separately and together but want to make sure Daniel has a blast! How are the following: Iberostar (is Bavaro worth it?), Melica Caribe, Majestic Colonial, Bavaro Princess, Bahia Principe, Ocean Blue??? Thanks

we had 4 kids (age 3,5,9,10) in our group at the Majestic Colonial, they didn’t care for the Kids club at all. They did have fun in the pool and at the beach though.

I have found that the Melia kid’s club to be an excellent place to take your child to. They have Flintstone Land with Fred and Barney and also they can have their breakfast with them if you so wish. The Melia even have the children in separate age groups so they can play with children their own age. There are many daily activities for them to enjoy and in the evening they can be part of the early show. IMHO an excellent kid’s club

The Melia looks huge and has trams I believe. Isn’t it too big? I’ve been to Dreams PC (was changing over from Sunscape last Nov) and Iberostar but Melia just looks like you can get lost. Is it hard to keep in touch with the kids?

Yes the Melia is large, however in my opinion for what that is worth, they have the best kid’s club in all of the PC area. Form the moment you drop your child off to the minute you pick him up you can be sure that they are well supervised and well taken care of. In fact I’m sure your child will be wanting to do there as soon as he wakes up. If you want time away with no worries about your child then this is the place even though it is large. When you drop your child off you want time to yourselves anyways

Seem to have it down to Melia, Iberostar, Bahia Principe or Ocean Blue - input folks?

I know that my kids LOVED the kids club at the Melia, they kept the kids very well entertained well into the evening.

Sounds like everyone likes the Melina even though it’s huge. Is there a good place to stay there from a room perspective and is there a contact to request room assignments with? Greatly appreciate folks responding. Have emails into travel folks to see what changes they can make for me.