Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Kon Tiki

???It’s been a while since I’ve posted, Just a quick question. Is the Kon Tiki excursion still operating, We last went to Punta Cana 5 years ago, and always had a blast on this barge. ???

We went on the Kon Tiki last year in April and had a blast. So I think it is still there.

Recent posts have indicated that Kon Tiki trip is no longer available.

Too bad as we had loads of fun last May.

Kontiki fell into a state of poor repair and has been removed. It may be back in the future.

Cheers

PCMike

Thanks Mike for the info. It really was a wonderful tour they had. Hope they can get it up and running again real soon. Maybe mike the fisherman can do something about it and start another business that has to do with boats or is it ships ;D ;D

ha ha ha,
nooo way.
that poor kontiki boat been in a much too poor condition to be safely used anymore, ha ha.
and i am not looking for more business,
the opposite Ashley, i am cutting down.
next year’s season 2010 i will only work with just one own boat and not occupy rented boats aside, it’s time to start life on the island, work su$$$, he he
Mike

Good for you mike. Now slow down and drink up. It’s about time you can enjoy a wonderful life in the D.R. with family and friends a lot more

If any potential tour operators are interested I hear a good deal can be had purchasing the Astron.

Sorry…feeling in a peculiar mood today…hence the attempt at sarcastic wit.

right on Ashley,
life is much toooo dhort to waste it just on that work stuff thingies.
but to not get wrong on the Kontiki,
the ole Lad is not in the trash can, far from that, she’s on a full makeover and will come back to PC as a new beauty.
i know that many of the former on board staff will be on the new Kontiki again.
let’s look forward to the new generation of Fun in the Sun on the Water.
Mike

[quote=@mikefisher]right on Ashley,
life is much toooo dhort to waste it just on that work stuff thingies.
but to not get wrong on the Kontiki,
the ole Lad is not in the trash can, far from that, she’s on a full makeover and will come back to PC as a new beauty.
i know that many of the former on board staff will be on the new Kontiki again.
let’s look forward to the new generation of Fun in the Sun on the Water.
Mike[/quote]
So very nice to hear that they are working on a reno. for that wonderful tour. Had such a great time on it when we have been to PC many times. Plus I sure hope the absolutely fantastic staff return also