Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

La Barcaza Yacht

We just listened to the music they were playing - the boat has such great ambience with the dominican music playing!! We gave them a CD for our “first dance” and that was it. Granted our reception was during the day and didn’t have any dancing but our dance so the island music fit perfectly.

What is the capacity of the boat, if anyone knows… Looks like we’re going to have close to 100 … so now I’m looking at the most cost-effective reception either on board or maybe I should reconsider a resort reception…

We are having the reception on the boat and I think it holds up to 100 people email them, unlike the WC they are good with answering emails…

www.caribbeanboatrestaurant.com this is their link good luck

Hey Medi,

Have fun on the boat. We are doing to boat after our wedding. We are getting married at the Sunscape the Beach now, instead of the Melia. Last minute decision, but I just had too much of a tough time trying to get in contact with the Melia WC’s. Have a great trip and wedding!

hey pretty1911/fh2b the boat was great everyone had a really good time… the melia I was not too happy with but the wedding was beautiful and all the details that go into your day…

medi,
have you posted somewhere about the wedding? I see you were not happy with the melia, what happened? I leave in 6 weeks for my wedding?

Medi,

I’m interested to know how your day went also…both the Melia and the La Barcaza Yacht. Please share!

Hey Medi…

Can you give us some details and/or pics about the boat. What you liked/disliked, etc.

Do you think it will comfortably hold 100 for a dinner reception or would it be better for cocktails and apps. We want to be able to dance as well…

HELLO EVERYBODY

I,VE BEEN ON THE BOAT WITH MY WEDDING ON 07-07-07 40 PEOPLE DANCING IN THE SUN REALLY THE BEST

EVERBODY WAS GOING OH AND AAHHH SO GOOD

DRINKS AND SNACKS EVERYTHING WAS TOP

CORRECT ON TIME PICK UP WITH THE BUS AND BACK TO THE HOTEL VERY GOOD EVERYTHING

NICE PEOPLE FROM THE BOAT

THEIR NEW WEBSITE IS WWW.CARIBBEANBOATRESTAURANT.COM

I GIVE A 10 + FOR THESE BOAT AND THEIR STAFF

THANKS FOR THE GOOD DAY 07-07-07

GREETS MAX AND CHANTAL FROM HOLLAND

hey foxy send me a email at rribau13@aol.com I will send you pictures of the wedding and the boat

Hi,

Does anyone have any information regarding what types of appetisers the boat provides when you pay the $45/guest (which included appetisers). I’m planning to go on the sun-set cruise with my wedding party/wedding guests. Since there will be drinking, I’m thinking I should supply food. Will the appetisers be worthwhile? What type of food is included? Is it good?

Please help!

Not sure if you are allowed to provide your own food. Below is the information I have from Fusi on La Barcaza so far (she doesn’t list the appetizer offerings though. I will email her and repost with her response.

La Barcaza Restaurant has a capacity for 100 persons and is equipped

with:

. Kitchen
. Bar
. Reserves
. Two bathrooms
. Lounge

Our team boat consists of:

. 2 Captains
. 2 Chef
. 2 Waitresses
. 2 Coordinators

The shift has a duration of 3 hours doing a tour around the coast,
route to the natural swimming pool with a musical environment that
goes according to the tour.

We offer 3 different shifts:

. Open bar : 35 USS per person 100
PAX
. Open Bar and Snacks: 45 USS per person 100 PAX
. Open Bar and dinner or lunch: 60 USS per person 65 PAX
(tables)

75-80 PAX (bufete)
half of price for children

OUR MENU:

This shift includes food with National drinks:

. Fresh salad

Seafood’s Grill:

. 1 pound of Lobster
. 1 pound of golden filet
. ¼ pound of shrimps
. ¼ pound of squid
. ¼ pound of lambi

Grills: (Previous Reservation)

. Chicken
. Beef

Side Dish:

. French Fried Potatoes
. Desserts (Banana Flambeada)
. Coffee

Drinks:

. Coca Cola
. Sprite
. Water
. Golden and White Ron (Brugal, Barcelo)
. Beer (Presidente)

If you want another type of drink as Wine, Vodka, Whisky, etc, there has
to be paid an extra charge.

We are thinking this of having our wedding reception on the yacht. Does anyone know about the dinner menu. I see that it has beef and chicken do we have to pick one or the other or do we get both options??

It’s “mixed grill” which means both. You can add the seafood too … or just stick with chicken and beef.

dominican bride I have a few questions for you personally as it looks as if you had a beach wedding. If you’re still on the forum please email me at bridgette@bakesnet.net
Boat Questions: Is there a min amount of guest you have to have? Is it private if you only have about 25 guest or will they have you share with another party?
I’m guessing you can’t get the fire dancer on the boat?

We are in the process of confirming our reservation for the Yacht for our reception. I just received this e-mail and I’m a little suspisious of this?? Have any of your heard of this? Did you have to do this? It makes me worry to put a deposit right into someone elses bank account. it’s seems odd?
Dear customers:

The reason of this mail is to inform you that we have available a bank account in dollars for the corresponding payment of the 20 % reservation fee.

The process is easy:

First you will have to make the deposit of the 20% of the total price payment in the bank of your choice to the next recipient:

I received the same email about the deposit and was curious if it was safe as well. If anyone else has had to send in a deposit prior, please let us know.

Also, my guests are just starting to make plans for next April. I’m not sure how many will be attending, so I don’t know how much 20% will be. I guess I could send the amount for how many have booked so far and hope that’s good enough.

I’m very leary of this set up. I was thinking the same this as I won’t know for sure how many people will be coming for a while so how do you know what 20% is. I remember reading back that other people paid cash the day of the reception so I wonder if anyone else paid a deposit and sent it to a “bank account”. I will not be sending any money to a bank account. How would you get a reciept? And the money is nonrefundable. This seems shady???

I was wondering for those who have booked or already rented out the Barcaza. What happens if it rains??? Do you get your depsit back? do they still go out.

Julie

[quote author=maisey08 board=wedding thread=1169826614 post=1186678910]We are in the process of confirming our reservation for the Yacht for our reception. I just received this e-mail and I’m a little suspisious of this?? Have any of your heard of this? Did you have to do this? It makes me worry to put a deposit right into someone elses bank account. it’s seems odd?
Dear customers:

The reason of this mail is to inform you that we have available a bank account in dollars for the corresponding payment of the 20 % reservation fee.

The process is easy:

First you will have to make the deposit of the 20% of the total price payment in the bank of your choice to the next recipient:
[/quote]

Hhhmm … yeah, definitely need to hear back from those who have already had their reception on the boat.

We may end up having more than 100 people (and that is the boat’s capacity) so I won’t put a deposit down in case we can’t accomodate the guest list. Since the bottom of the oat is covered, I would imagine “the party would still go on” even if the weather didn’t cooperate … but I don’t know. Good questions. Hopefully we can get some answers!

Jillwood: When in April 2008 is your wedding day?