Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

La Barcaza Yacht

Flori is fantastic person…with her husband make a great couple!
I participate in several weddings in the Barcaza and all were incredible. The quality food and drinks and the service…when I will get married I will decide for the Barcaza too!
Bianca

Hi all,
I got married at the Majestic Colonial last week, but the day after the wedding, as a thanks to our guests, we took them out on a boat cruise on ‘La Barcaza’. The whole experience–the planning and the boat, was AMAZING!! I planned everything via email with Flori–she is a SWEETHEART. The boat was beautifully set up, the tables were so pretty. The food was delicious–better lobster than at the hotel. We got open bar and the mixed grill (meat and seafood). We got a band on the boat as well. This was a wonderful experience and everyone had a blast. The weather was perfect as well! I highly recommend this boat, and you can even get married on it, which is not a bad idea! The whole crew went out of their way to please everyone, and you never heard ‘no’ for an answer. For example, a couple of our guests don’t eat seafood, so they had no problem giving us plates with more meat and no seafood on it. We had such a good time that we extended the cruise for another hour. really really fun.
Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi all - I got married 2 weeks ago - November 9. We used La Barcaza for our wedding reception and let me tell you, it was AMAZING!!! Everyone was blown away at our wonderful our wedding reception was. It was so unique, romantic and beautiful to have dinner at sunset in the carribbean sea. I would highly, highly recommend La Barcaza. Flori, the wedding coordinator was so wonderful to deal with. She is a sweetie, and the entire crew were awesome!!!

I posted a review and some pictures here for anyone interested: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/f77/erinleighs-melia-caribe-tropical-punta-cana-wedding-review-lots-pictures-52231/#post1075375

Well, I did it! We booked our daughters wedding! We are having the whole shabang on La Barcaza, Show ceremony, dinner, cake and of course, the cruise!(She is having a JP perform the legal marriage the week before we go!) Now to find a photographer…I paid for an extra adult in case I can persuade a hotel photographer to join us…

I am so excited to have our reception on La Barcaza June 18, 2010!!! It’s great to hear about all of your great experiences!!! Did anyone have their cake transported to the boat from their hotel? We get a cake with our wedding package.

Hello Everyone!
We have been back for a week from our wedding in Punta Cana. I have to say that it was all beyond what I had hoped for.
Flori is a treat to work with. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. She always replied to emails quickly and gave the exact information I asked for.
We booked our entire wedding with her and it was worth it. We were a group of 16 friends and family. We paid for the minimum of 20 people because we wanted La Barcaza very much. Flori also linked us up with the photographer Arnaud Brichet from www.hdcphoto.com. We were able to pay for everything through Flori. She also had the pastor, Rick York contact us to go over the ceremony and he was great to work with as well.
Our wedding day, Flori sent a taxi to pick up myself and my husband at our resort (Iberostar Bavaro) so we could get to the beach early for photos. Two minibuses were sent later to pick up the rest of our group. Everything was perfectly timed.
When we arrived at the beach I was overwhelmed by how beautiful everything was. Flori decorated in the colours I asked for and it was more beautiful than I expected. Our bouquets were gorgeous as well. She had even brought a couple bags of rose petals to be thrown. The photographer and videographer were great to work with and our pictures were awesome!
After the ceremony we took a small boat to get to La Barcaza. We had a great time despite the ridiculously strong winds that picked up. The food was excellent, our drinks were great and Fabrice and Edouardo took great care of us. We had booked an extra hour on the boat but due to the high winds we had to go back early. Flori met us on the beach with the money for the extra hour.
I strongly recommend La Barcaza for your wedding if you are looking for something extra special!

Yup! We had our wedding cake from the Melia (included in package) to La Barcaza. No problems what-so-ever.

Just got back from our wedding in Punta Cana. We rented the La Barcaza Yacht for our wedding reception. It was wonderful! AMAZING Everything went just as planned. Flori, the wedding coordinator is so helpful and sweet. We met with her on our resort a couple of days before the reception to go over the details.

We have 60 guests and were so impressed! The boat LA BARCAZA is very beautiful, flori the wedding coordinator is so helpful and sweet , she offer us a spectacular decoration.
The evening started with taking pictures and cocktails for about an hour. The scenery is so beatiful! The boat was beautiful and the food was great. We all had a great time, our guests couldn’t stop talking about it. The boat was great, the food delicious, and the set up couldn’t have been better one of the best moments on our whole trip to the Dominican!! The ocean is so clear with rows of palm trees and beach w/o hotels, in the background. (BTW…The photographer on the boat was wonderful. Our pictures from the boat were so beautiful! They were very artistic. He got some really great shots! Very high quality photos. I would definitely recommend purchasing pictures).

Then all the guests got into the water at the natural swimming pool. very beautiful place to stop. We got back on the boat for dinner. We choose the mix grill Menu. The food and service was fantastic. Everyone was raving about it. It was the best meal the entire week. We watched the sunset and then got back in the water for a short while.

Thank you Flory again for everything. We had the best time, my guests raved about the boat, food & staff. Your staff is just so wonderful. It was an amazing time! I would highly recommend using the LA BARCAZA for your wedding reception, rehearsal dinner or give thanks all your guests ! It was such a great experience! Our guests had the time of their lives! They said this was the best wedding reception they had ever been to!

CLEMEN
wedding january 20, 2010

Hi Everyone!

Flori just sent me a slideshow she created from our wedding pics. She is so awesome for doing this. The photographer was from hdc photo. Here is the link if you are interested:

The pictures are spectacular, I did not know that Flori makes ceremonies … the video is so beautiful … I loveeee …
I have a niece who is getting married in Dominican Republic and rented the boat for November … She’d love to be able to have the ceremony and reception with Flori on La Barcaza Boat or on the beaach.
She organizes everything on the beach too?? …

[quote=@clemen]Just got back from our wedding in Punta Cana. We rented the La Barcaza Yacht for our wedding reception. It was wonderful! AMAZING
Everything went just as planned. Flori, the wedding coordinator is so helpful and sweet. We met with her on our resort a couple of days before the reception to go over the details.

We have 60 guests and were so impressed!
The boat LA BARCAZA is very beautiful, flori the wedding coordinator is so helpful and sweet , she offer us a spectacular decoration.
The evening started with taking pictures and cocktails for about an hour. The scenery is so beatiful! The boat was beautiful and the food was great. We all had a great time, our guests couldn’t stop talking about it. The boat was great, the food delicious, and the set up couldn’t have been better one of the best moments on our whole trip to the Dominican!! The ocean is so clear with rows of palm trees and beach w/o hotels, in the background. (BTW…The photographer on the boat was wonderful. Our pictures from the boat were so beautiful! They were very artistic. He got some really great shots! Very high quality photos. I would definitely recommend purchasing pictures).

Then all the guests got into the water at the natural swimming pool. very beautiful place to stop. We got back on the boat for dinner. We choose the mix grill Menu.
The food and service was fantastic.
Everyone was raving about it. It was the best meal the entire week. We watched the sunset and then got back in the water for a short while.

Thank you Flory again for everything. We had the best time, my guests raved about the boat, food & staff. Your staff is just so wonderful. It was an amazing time! I would highly recommend using the LA BARCAZA for your wedding reception, rehearsal dinner or give thanks all your guests ! It was such a great experience! Our guests had the time of their lives! They said this was the best wedding reception they had ever been to!

CLEMEN
wedding january 20, 2010
][/quote]

Not to be disrespectful CLEMEN, but can you please stop posting the same thing over and over again. I don’t think it’s necessary to post the same thing in every thread. I think your topic was best suited here in La Barcaza.

Hi Electra,

The forum is created to write how was our experience in Punta Cana .I put my comments, I dont understand why you have problems with this …
All brides in this Forum write about their wedding, receptions, etc … I wanted to describe mine …

Clemen.
I don’t have a problem with your comment in the least, in fact I’m in total agreement…I had my wedding reception on La Barcaza and have nothing but amazing things to say.
My complaint is - why keep posting the same thing over and over and over again in different threads. Your same comment (copy and pasted) can be found in La Barcaza Yacht, Melia Caribe Wedding, Grand Palladium Wedding Info., Wedding In Punta Cana and Paradisus Palma Real Weddings.
If everyone took this approach and copy and pasted their same comment in numerous threads this site would not be as enjoyable to read as it is.
Initially I was wondering if you were a vendor due the repetitive nature. Like I said initially, your comments were best suited for the La Barcaza Yacht thread.

Hi electra,

I still do not understand your opinion, I think you don’t have the right to set rules on how to put our experiences in forums …

I prefer to leave this subject as well, since this is not the subject of this forum, the subject in this forum is how we spent on that special day … I think we have freedom of expression !!!..

Enjoy your life…

We’re just back from our wedding in Punta Cana on April 9th, 2010. For our wedding reception we decided to go with La Barcaza.

Our wedding day was exceptional because of Flori and Fabrice. From the moment I contacted Flori about having our reception on board La Barcaza, I knew I was making the right decision to have our reception there. Flori answered all my questions very quickly and made sure I had no worries. When we met in the lobby of our resort she made sure everything we wished for would happen and it all did.

When all my guests met with your Staff members Eric and George they all fell in love. These 2 guys made sure all our guests had a good time and they all did. The boat was just SPECTACULAR; a real beauty. The dinner was the best dinner we had all week, better than our 5 stars resort. My guests all said that they’ve never been to a better wedding than ours and that they will never forget the boat.

Pretty much all of our guests when for a dip in the natural pool and had so much fun. Fabrice was FABULOUS with our guests and since all our guests were French, got along very well with him. He made sure we always had something to drink and that we we had fun dancing. Besides marrying my husband, choosing La Barcaza for our wedding reception was the best decision I have ever made.

We can’t thank them enough. We will make sure everyone on this planet knows about La Barcaza and reccommend them to everyone we know.

Has anyone taken their own center pieces for the tables? If not what did they use for the tables?

Hula.
We didn’t bring our own, we had La Barcaza supply them. They were beautiful tropical arrangements. If you’d like you can send me a PM with your email and I can send you the pics I have of the arrangements.

thanks, I sent you a PM

Hello! We recently got married in Punta Cana at the Majestic Colonial on 5-15-10. We brought down a total of 43 people and rented La Barcaza for the rehearsal dinner/meet and greet the night before the wedding festivities. What a great way to kick off the weekend…our guests couldn’t stop talking about it. We had three kids under the age of 3, and then mostly guest in their 20s up to 60s. Everyone had a fantastic time.

Flori was organized and everything that they promoted was done. We met with her the morning of the sunset cruise to give her the remaining balance and decorations. Everything was set up perfectly! She is wonderful to work with and even during the planning process was quick to respond to emails and extremely helpful.

Fabrice and the crew were so friendly and eager to serve drinks and satisfy the guests. We brought CDs to play for the music and for those guests who swam in the natural pool…what a great experience. Nothing beats swimming and drinking beers!

The food was fantastic…better than the food at the Majestic. We got the mixed grill and everyone loved the food, despite having small servings.

I would highly recommend this to anyone planning their wedding as a gift to the guests. They really appreciated it and it is well worth the money and quite a steal. In addition, even despite the fact our group was late getting on the buses to get to the boat, they still gave us more than the time allocated so we could enjoy the natural pool since everyone was having fun.

Coming from Chicago, everyone kept on saying that our wedding was the best one they have been to, and this is in part due to La Barcaza!!!

51510drbride…how was it with the children under 3. Just want to make sure it is safe for kids, we will have 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, & 12 year old.

Hula