Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

La Romana flights

Just courious, have been searching online for a trip to Dreams/CDM for end of January. Has anyone else noticed that there isn’t any direct flights into La Romana, why are they all flying into Punta Cana? If we can’t find a direct flight I guess we will have to say good-bye to La Romana.

direct flights with air transat and skysquish…

Hi Jayne and Doug!

The direct flights to LaRomana from BWI where I come from stopped a while ago…so now I fly into Punta Cana and transfer over…its about a 90 minute ride and I don’t mind it at all.

Happy Travels!
bb/mt ;D

We would be flying out of Toronto. Would like to go around Jan 27th. Sunwing, Skyservice and Air Canada all go into Punta Cana. Air Transat of course is using Skyservice. We do not want the 90 minute drive. We have been to CDM 4 times and have been spoiled by the 20 min drive to the resort.

Westjet is flying into La Romana too I think. “Westjet Vacations” may not be selling the hotel you want (and few of their flights are direct! I’d have to do two stops to get there), but at least there may be a flight option.

Kaki

If you go into an AI, unfortunately you have to go with the flow, however all that being said, it is a very nice drive from PC to Bayahibe, you get to see the countryside, something we do not get to see much unless you go on a few excursions outside the resort, very nice tour through the country, hopefully you will do it during the day… as for night driving, well… we have done this trip at night and during the day and it is something to see, hope you find what you are looking for in organizing your trip, from what I read all over, the new resort will easily smooth out whaterver little inconvenience you suffer during your transfer, have a nice trip

WestJet vacations are the ONLY driect Toronto-LaRomana and they do offer Dreams. I am booked for Feb. 2 to 16. They only fly out on Mondays to this destination.
Happy Booking. ;D

[quote=@seekingwarmth]WestJet vacations are the ONLY driect Toronto-LaRomana and they do offer Dreams. I am booked for Feb. 2 to 16. They only fly out on Mondays to this destination.
Happy Booking. ;D[/quote]

Actually, Sunquest (Skyservice) is still offering it as well for the Oasis hotels and the Coral Costa Caribe, or so my TA tells me.

They may but when I booked in September all of their flights had be changed to PC and I really didn’t want the 1 1/2 hour ride. It would be nice if there is more choice. West Jet’s prices were almost the same as the others without the direct flight.

[quote=@ontariobowhunter]
Actually, Sunquest (Skyservice) is still offering it as well for the Oasis hotels and the Coral Costa Caribe, or so my TA tells me.[/quote]

Two different companies owned by the same British company, Skyservice does the charters, Sunquest sells vacation packages.

I had a 2 vacation packages with Nolitours last month and they used Skyservice as a matter of convenience, now the tour op’s are getting smart and sharing charter services and sending one full plane rather than 2.

1st trip was Skyservice Boeing757 and lots of room both ways.

Second trip I went down on Skyswish (A320 sardine can) and back very comforably on Air Transat (a310-300 Airbus)…quite a difference. I am certainly glad my January trip is Transat both ways, they no longer have any A320’s.

Check for direct flights for FRIDAY departures from Toronto to La Romana.

[quote=@hlywud][quote=@ontariobowhunter]
Actually, Sunquest (Skyservice) is still offering it as well for the Oasis hotels and the Coral Costa Caribe, or so my TA tells me.[/quote]

Two different companies owned by the same British company, Skyservice does the charters, Sunquest sells vacation packages[/quote]

Yes, I knew that, reason I put Skyservice in brackets, is that Sunquest ‘usually’ uses Skyservice, and they fly into Casa De Campo airport or La Romana airport, whichever you prefer, seeing the airport is owned by CDC. ( Or so we were told by our tour representative on the way to the CCC in Juan Dolio )

Come to think of it, in all the times we flew into LaRomana, only other plane I ever saw on the tarmac was a Lufthansa back in 2005, or 2006. Dont recall seeing any others.

We have always booked and flown with Transat into La Romana. Our trip this past winter was also booked thru Transat to Samana and then they started to use Skyservice. Air Transat seems to be flying to fewer and fewer resort destinations. I think they are concentrating on Europe.

Jayne and Doug:
I just checked and Sunwing still flies direct from TO to La Romana.

the ride from PC to CDM is not bad kinda imteresting,don’t let the airport ruin your vacation.

We’re flying to La Romana on American Airlines. We considered flying to Santo Domingo or Punta Cana (because most the flights involved an overnight elsewhere in the US) - but we probably would have taken a taxi if we did, because we didn’t feel like renting a car for the whole trip.