Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Lactose-Free Milk in Varadero?

We are bringing our 20-month old son to Iberostar Playa Alameda in Varadero on January 30th. Our son is lactose intolerant and drinks lactose-free milk in his bottles (3-4 bottles per day). Does anyone know if they have lactose free milk in the resorts in Varadero? Otherwise, does anybody know if they sell powdered lactose-free milk in Canada (Ontario/Quebec)? The only other solution I can think of is to to buy 25-30 bottles, fill them with his milk, freeze them, pack them in our suitcase and fly them over with us!! ::slight_smile: Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

No idea about Varadero - best to ask them. But my experience in Havana was that sometimes lactose-free milk is available and sometimes it isn’t.

I doubt any resorts in Varadero have lactose free milk readily available.

Taking 25-30 bottles of frozen product will put a huge dent in your allowable free luggage allowance which usually 20 Kilo for PAYING passengers and I presume the baby is traveling for free so he has NO luggage allowance.

Where were you planning to keep all these bottles of frozen milk frozen for the duration of your stay? Many resorts have mini fridges but not all of the fridges have a freezer compartment.

I suggest you check with your local health food stores for availability of powdered lactose free milk. Also try doing a google search for suppliers in your area!