Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Land transfer between puerto plata and samana

We are going to Cayo Levantado on Dec. 18th, returning on Dec. 25th but have to fly into Puerto Plata and need to make our way on our own to Samana. Does anyone have any suggestions?

One is you could phone the resort or e-mail them. Second just wait until you get there and get a taxi, price list will be posted somewhere around where you first go outside, not sure but I would say around 200 us for the trip one way. If you arrive late in the day I would not recommend traveling at night very dangerous. Third look for a flight from Puerto Plata to Las Terrenas I would say 90 us per person one way and 40 us to go from las terrenas to Samana. If they show an airport El Caty it is also called the samana airport and will also be about 40 us by taxi to the harbour in samana where you will take the resorts water taxi to the island. I don’t think the airlines fly into El Caty just to El Portillo which is in Las Terrenas but not really sure.

It is 175.00 USD from the airport, this comes a the post on the North Coast forum.

;D There you are , I knew their was a thread about taxi rates, it was still 175.00 for the taxi in january.