Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Legit yet Cheap Massage places + Jetskiing @ Sosua

Hey everyone,

It’s going to be my first time traveling to the DR (Actually, first time traveling outside of North America since 1995 when I was just a little kid).

I’m looking for a legitimate massage/spa place. I’m not looking for any surprises or happy endings…but I am looking for good and cheap! If anyone can recommend any near Casa Marina, I’d be thankful.

Also, I was wondering if there are jetski/ski-doo rentals and where it would be best to find these! Also have not been on one for almost a decade and I really miss it! =). Thanks !

P.S. I hope cross-forum posting is okay with people! =).

One post with two questions isn’t exactly cross-forum posting, but it might have been better for two separate posts, one for each question. However, I expect you’ll get answers for each …

Oh no, that’s not what I meant. I meant I’m posting these questions on another forum elsewhere. Just apologizing ahead of time in case someone here goes there to and wonders why I’m asking twice.

As a former Mod./Admin. I doubt that the powers that be here really care if you post the same thing on any number of other boards as long as you don’t post identical postings in multiple forums within this board. Depending on where else you post they may not even be aware of your other board activities.

Mods/Admin please feel free to correct me if I have misspoken but that’s how it was when I was part of the board staff.

Gregg

100% correct Gregg. ;D

Haha, thanks for settling that for me. Now, anyone have any suggestions for the original content questions? =).

[quote=@agadgetgeek]

I’m looking for a legitimate massage/spa place. I’m not looking for any surprises or happy endings…but I am looking for good and cheap! If anyone can recommend any near Casa Marina, I’d be thankful.

Also, I was wondering if there are jetski/ski-doo rentals and where it would be best to find these! Also have not been on one for almost a decade and I really miss it! =). Thanks.[/quote]

To answer your question about Massages, if you are staying at Casa Marina they do offer massage and beauty services, why don’t you try to contact the hotel and find out the price. I found their email address for you...infocmbeach@amhsamarina.com
also there is some info on these pages…http://www.amhsamarina.com/our-hotels/casa-marina-beach-en?lang=en-GB and… http://www.sosuadomrep.com/casamarinareefresort.htm

Hope this helps on the massage part of your question as for the Jet Sky’s maybe the resort offers this as well… :slight_smile:

If you’re staying at Casa Marina then you’re right in Sosua. There are a lot of places to go for a legitimate massage. Just walk around the town a bit and you’ll see a lot of places that do massage/manicures/pedicures/etc. for a fraction of the price at the resort. I do know of one good place - can’t remember the name of it but it’s right beside Patrick’s Goldsmith jewelry store which is close to the Sosua Bay resort (not too far from where you are). It’s a really nice salon and spa and the prices are reasonable.

Thanks guys. Lisa the reason why I was asking is, I know the resort offers the massages and maybe jetski’s too, but I’m sure it’s a lot more expensive than what I would find by wandering into the city. But I also scared of the sketchier places so I was looking for some advice if any. Thanks Andrea I’ll defintely look for the place beside Patrick’s =).

Ah the life of a poor student, lol.

sorry they don’t rent jetskies at casa marina, i didn’t see any jetting around the bay when i was there either, maybe a day trip to cabarete as that seems to be more the crowd for it,ie younger windsurfing crowd.

hmmmm
Jet skis, snorkelers and windsurfers. Doesn’t sound like a good combination to me …
Who needs engines anyway? ::slight_smile:

We were at the Casa Marina the first week of February. And, since it rained almost everyday, all day, there was not a lot to do. So I went to the massage area at the resort. 25 bucks for and hour massage. It was one of the best massages I have ever had! I went back twice! For 25 bucks plus tip, I dont see how you could do better outside the resort.

jcbuzzman that is an excellent price!!! I don’t think you’ll do any better then that either off the resort.