Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Liqueur de Ron Mulata and other alcohol

I have bought two bottles of Ron Mulata Elixir de Ron. I had never seen it before but at the Frank Pais Airport in HOG, it is along the far wall next to the cigarettes, with all of the other liqueurs. I would not have bought it except for the words “Elixir de Ron” because those are the same descriptors for Legendario. I am obsessed with this delicious liquid and cannot find it in Holguin, so I am hoping this will compare.

Has anyone purchased this and tried it?

I also brought back Cubay Curacao Azul and the Grenadine (2.80 and 3.10), as well as two 7 Yr Havana Clubs. (Those were repeater gift bottles).

I think I may now have a complete replica of a Cuban bar in my home!

On my trip to Cayo Coco, I brought back a bottle of Cubita coffee liqueur (3.15) which came in a box. Did not see it in HOG this time.

[quote=@eloisegirl]I have bought two bottles of Ron Mulata Elixir de Ron. I had never seen it before but at the Frank Pais Airport in HOG, it is along the far wall next to the cigarettes, with all of the other liqueurs. I would not have bought it except for the words "Elixir de Ron" because those are the same descriptors for Legendario. I am obsessed with this delicious liquid and cannot find it in Holguin, so I am hoping this will compare.

Has anyone purchased this and tried it?

[/quote]

We are also obsessed with this nectar of the gods :stuck_out_tongue: :); Please do let us know if the Liqueur de Ron Mulata is comparable to the Legendario… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
thanks

It is somewhat similar but not as smooth, although I am sure I will be able to develop a taste for it!

Meanwhile I make sure I have some 3 CUC bills so I can give a few to any friend traveling to VRA or SCU or Santa Clara, as it is more easily found there. It is also made for export to Spain so you may be able to buy it in Europe.

I’m a fan on the Legendario and, much to my delight, found out I can get it in Santa Cruz del Norte at a grocery store. Wish I’d known that on past visits ::slight_smile:

Legendario fan here too!!!

Got a bottle of Legendario in my cabinet from a few years ago. Got it in a store just off, I believe, Plaza Vieja in Havana. Haven’t opened it yet as I hadn’t realized 'till we got home that there was no Gov’t seal on it - just a bit of glue and remnant of the seal on the cap so don’t know if the bottle was “re-used” with inferior product in it or if it’s the real thing ! The bottle is factory sealed, though.
Hey Stef. Maybe I should mail it to you and you could sample it to see if it’s the real thing. On second thought I’d better not. If it is the real stuff… all I’d get back is the empty bottle, eh ?

LOL, it would be empty either way. After all, I’d have to do a lot of sampling to ensure I wasn’t making a mistake ;D ;D I’ll have to have one of the employees at BJ pick us up a bottle in Santa Cruz and we can sample it, together, at BJ :smiley:

Hey, Stef:
Sounds like a plan !