Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Little bit of Dominican in Canada

Couple of people have asked to see pics of our coconut palm and hibiscus from the DR… so figured would post them here, easier than PMing everyone…

This is just before we brought it into our ‘warm room’ in the garage…where we keep it at 70F all winter long. It’s almost 4 feet high now…

These are hibiscus ‘trees’. We have them in red, pink, and yellow.

We also have a kiwi, but not having great luck with it
Birds keep eating the fingernail size fruit before we have a chance to protect it from them…

OBH, where’s the outdoor beer refrigerator? Front porch or back?

;D

[quote=@presidentejay]OBH, where’s the outdoor beer refrigerator? Front porch or back?

;D[/quote]Hey Jay…dont laugh… we have a keg fridge just inside the garage off to the side of our 32x36’ deck…and another keg fridge downstairs…

Still trying to find a way to get a keg or two of Presidente but no luck so far…

That’s impressive, I think you should host the Fiesta 2010.

I also think your wife should talk to my wife about a keg frig for me…I’m sure she would say yes as soon as I build the wine cellar for her. :slight_smile:

[quote=@presidentejay]That’s impressive, I think you should host the Fiesta 2010.

I also think your wife should talk to my wife about a keg frig for me…I’m sure she would say yes as soon as I build the wine cellar for her. :)[/quote]

Well thats how it started for us… I use to own a ‘brew on premise’ where ppl would come in and make their own wine…and with all the different types… ( had to try them didn’t I ) we put in a wine cellar of sorts in the basement below the front porch…stays about 8-10C there year round…so then we started making our own beer as well… well then we got our first kegerator… and then the second one for outside.

How did you sneak that by Customs? :o

Tom

[quote=@ottawatom]How did you sneak that by Customs? :o

Tom[/quote]

was only a coconut until you put it in soil…and add water