Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Live from Catalonia Bavaro

What can I say but WOW, suite with separate bedroom, jacuzzi in bath, magnificent, resort is 5 star, clean as a whistle

87F and low winds, excellent service here, incredible

87F … nice

[quote=@hlywud]What can I say but WOW, suite with separate bedroom, jacuzzi in bath, magnificent, resort is 5 star, clean as a whistle

87F and low winds, excellent service here, incredible[/quote]

Nice weather…was the suite a complimentary upgrade or was paid for??? You may ask why is that my business?? Well just curious if there is any bias in the review or if the resort is trying to “buy” a sweet review.

edited for spelling

the suite been a complimentary because i ordered it so,
does that copunt??
'cause i don’t work there
Mike

I think Wud will tell it like it is.

[quote=@mikefisher]the suite been a complimentary because i ordered it so,
does that copunt??
'cause i don’t work there
Mike[/quote]

of course it does …when somebody is given treatment that the average Joe doesn’t receive , their review is just that…treatment that the average Joe shouldn’t expect. 99% of the people would never be GIVEN that upgrade…so in MY opinion , the review is directed to the 1% that would. Thanks for the honesty Mike .

well I work in the tourist industry, do we give privileges to certain clients, yes we do, what type of clients, loyalty clients, clients that we know have been with the competition, clients that have brought us other clients, is it wrong to do, NO,is it a part of business, YES,

if you wanna read between the lines on it, go ahead and read,

now thread back to topic,

WUD sounds wonderful…hope you are having a great time… weather sounds awesome, much better then what we are getting here,

I for one look forward to Wud’s Unbiased review when he and the warden return…

EDinNB

When we were there in March most rooms had a separate bath.
Wud have you found the self serve beer tap yet? if not it is beside the pizza snack bar near the pool.
I’m sooooo jealous ;D
W&J

I agree that it does not matter if one pays for the upgrade or gets it some other way. Anyone who has been around here for awhile will know that Wud is one of the most traveled poster on here and will tell it like it is.
If he only ever went to one resort and continually promoted that resort, it might be different. ( although I doubt it) Wud continually tries new resorts and sends in his honest reviews.
We constantly see posters asking how to get upgraded rooms. Do we then not believe their reviews?
I was lucky enough to have traveled with Wud and although he knew the management, he didn’t receive any better service than I did. The only benefit might of been that he got a room that he asked for , but being a repeat customer of that resort did get you some benefits. Other than that, he was just like any other guest. The review he wrote on that trip, could of been just as easily been written by myself.
Back on topic, glad you are having a good time. This resort has been on my short list for the last couple years and it has just moved up a few notches. Enjoy yourself
Greg

Glad you like it Wud!!!
But, you must feel like home now :wink:
In the D.R.

Take Care
epopino

I will tell it like it is, upgrade or not.

Yes I found the self serve beer tap.

Hey hlywud!
Hope you’re having a great time!
Are they still doing the 1,2,3 (in spanish of course) song at the beginning of the nightly show? I miss that tune SOOOOmuch…

fisherman is on his way heading to Majestic Elegance for tour

great time yesterrday at Steves Bar and casa de la piedra.

I have a special item from Steve if I can get it into suitcase…guess what Olive will like

[quote=@jimmy][quote=@hlywud]What can I say but WOW, suite with separate bedroom, jacuzzi in bath, magnificent, resort is 5 star, clean as a whistle

87F and low winds, excellent service here, incredible[/quote]

Nice weather…was the suite a complimentary upgrade or was paid for??? You may ask why is that my business?? Well just curious if there is any bias in the review or if the resort is trying to "buy" a sweet review.

edited for spelling[/quote]

Complimentary, because of the fishermans connections…not to worry about I never asked for it and never do ask for perks, it was presents compliments of the manager due to imput from my friend the fish guy…you know who I mean.

Yesterday we toured the Elegance and I an hear to tell you it will be Very elegant…pictures next week when I return.

Wud

Thanks Wud,

I am waiting for your thoughts and comments.We are heading there in Feb and everything looks pretty good to me so far from the pictures that Mike Fisher and yourself have posted.

Steve

i don’t think WUD go online again tonight,
they had a supper reservation on 8PM and i brought them back on time to the Cat for that, after we spend the afternoon at my place and later on a couple of nice hours in cortecito together with Lynn and Greg and PCMike.
they will all be on their plane tomorrow by around noon.
and they seemed to have a ball at the Cat and at the Palladium PC(Lynn and Greg at the Palladium).
Mike

[quote=@hlywud]
great time yesterrday at Steves Bar and casa de la piedra.

I have a special item from Steve if I can get it into suitcase…guess what Olive will like[/quote]

So WUD… WHAT IS THE SURPRISE???

Does it have anything to do with Brugal Extra Viejo???

Is it a great autographed item for an auction???

Come on… spill (but not if it’s liquid) ;D

sorry dot…won’t spill…not liquid

BUT it is BIG enough that Wud had to come over to the resort we were at to borrow my empty suitcase to get it home. And I am saying NO more…I will leave it to Wud :-X ;D

Lynn

some room pictures

here is the room