Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Live music in POP

Good evening!
Glad to be here… My husband and I will be going to POP January 24th! Yippee! We’re staying at the Blue Bay… Now I used to work in Puerto Plata but many years ago… I haven’t been back since and I’m truly excited :wink: It’s been close to 10 years!
We’re looking for a place in POP that has live music… Merengue, salsa & bachata…
Can anyone tell me if there is such a place? It’s just been too long and I can’t remember :smiley:
Thanks for your help and have a great evening…

Hi
The carwash has always live music, and la canita sometimes as well.
This year in April El Torito was in the bar just opposite of the playa dorada complex and in October when I was there Sergio Vargas was at the Go-Karts just a few minutes away from the complex. End of november Tonio Rosario will be playing in Gran Ventana hotel

Hi chicabianca
As you know, we’ll be at GV from Nov.26 to Dec. 3. Do you know what dates Tonio Rosario will be there?

Vincentediana

There are several places on the Malecon that have live music. On Sunday the whole dang street is live music.

Just ask any taxi driver where to go and he will take you to where you want to go per your preferences. Good for you to get off the resort!

Fabulous! I’ll check it out once we get there…

Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers.

[quote=@vincentediana]Hi chicabianca
As you know, we’ll be at GV from Nov.26 to Dec. 3. Do you know what dates Tonio Rosario will be there?

Vincentediana
[/quote]

The last saturday from November he should be performing, near the pool area

I always keep an eye on the website: sosuanews.com, they quite often will post upcoming local live music. :sunglasses:

Excellent idea. Will do exactly that.

Thanks!