Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Looking For Location

So I have given up on a wedding in santo domingo, with my guests flying in from canada it just makes more sense to have it in punta cana. I was wondering if any of you fabulous ladies knew any “garden like” ceremonies by the beach type weddings. Let me know. Thanks so much. I’m flying to the dominican march 15 so I wanted to have a focused list of places to go see. Thank you again. :-*

Where are you staying in PC? It seems that all the pictures I’ve seen from different resorts have gorgeous views of the beach, I don’t think you can go wrong. When is your wedding? I’m getting married at the Barcelo PC on March 26, so will post a review when I get back.

My fiance is Dominican and so I’m flying down to Santo Domingo and I’m going to be staying with him there, and we’re going to do a day trip down to Punta Cana, and check out some wedding spots. We’re hoping to get married in Jan 2008. I hope I will still be able to book it. I saw some great reviews, and this website is so great to have during all the planning. The one thing that I’m wondering about is the reception after the wedding, I saw that they got cut at midnight, I was wondering if I could extend it for longer. How is your reception planned?

Why don’t u marry in santo domingo and then do the aprty on punta cana? This is how i am going to do to save time on papers and still have the nicest party.
My fiance is dominican too.

If u want, u can PM to me.

Best regards…

I think you’d have to arrange the after-party with the resort. I am having my reception in a restaurant, and we’ll play it by ear. If we’re having fun there we will stay as long as we want, and we may also head to the disco with a CD of our favourite songs…
I have found the wedding coordinators to be really helpful, they want this day to be memorable for you too. If you want to party late, you might have to pay a little extra, to cover the bartender’s costs, but I’m sure it can be arranged!