Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Looking for suggestions on smaller resort in Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Maya Riviera with a baby

Hi,

We normally travel in 4.5-5 stars adults only resort. This year we are looking to travel in January when are baby will be around 5 months old. We prefer resorts with less than 300 rooms. Any recommendations?

If you would consider Cuba ~ I can recommend Playa Costa Verde ~ Holguin as a nice smaller resort.

Hello @MelD welcome to Debbie’s Caribbean Travel forum! I have been in Riu Lupita in Playa del Carmen. The Hotel Riu Lupita has 300 rooms… Riu Lupita is great resort with excellent food the only problem its not directly on the beach. Resort is 3.5 km from the beach but free transport provided to beach club! There are two swimming pools, children’s pool!

Please see video:

I will second the Riu Lupita. Getting ready to book our 5th trip there. Always see all ages, babies to seniors. The shuttle to the beach is free and runs every half hour. There are washrooms, bar and buffet at the beach so you have access to everything you would at the main pool. Oh, and there is a pool on the beach too!

May I also suggest the Viva Wyndham Azteca nice small hotel and you have access to the large more active Viva Wyndham Maya