Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Majectic Colonial - Promised Site Visit

As promised we visited Majestic Colonial yesterday.

It is a beehive of activity with 1000 workers daily (600 day shift; 400 night shift) edging towards a promised December 15th opening.

Two major issues to be covered:

1. The property.

I have many photos to share when I return and much progress has been made form the last pictures seen. This resort is now the “WOW” resort based on a comment from a group of Quebec travel agent who toured a few days before us. More details Sunday.

1. The big question - will they open on time?

Management remains confident and while I am personally not qualified to pass judgement I agree that it is probably doable since most of what remains to be done is cosmetic and finish related as opposed to structural. One in our group was a retired tax assessor who during his career visited in-progress sites and his comment was that in North America a project at this stage could probably open on time. This however is the DR and major weather events could derail this possibility.

Sorry to be somewhat unclear but I have to be truthful and this is too close to call IMHO. I wish their opening was January 1 as I would have very little reservation about their ability to meet this date.

More on Sunday when I am back.

Thanks for the prompt report.

Can’t hardly wait for the pictures

Thanks for this update, Gregg!! Makes me feel better for our arrival date of Jan. 26. Looking forward to seeing your pics next week…

Thank-you so much for the update Gregg. Cannot wait to see the pictures. ;D

Mar 20 will be a breeze, based on Greggs update…I hope they hold the line on pricing, this could be my new home in Punta Cana…

EDinNB

Thanks Gregg as many,many members are already booked for this resort and are looking forward to your future report and pictures

Thanks for the timely update Gregg. We booked today for two weeks arriving 24 Jan.

I will add to what Gregg says as I took the tour with him but was unable to login to this site from the resort the next day.

They I am sure will be opening but there definitely will be a lot of cosmetics to finish up, the pictures we initially saw posted by BobfromCanada, there is a great deal of changes since then, In fact the Sales manager told us that we saw things finished that Debbie had not seen 10 days before. I wish them luck!

My personal comment of the suites and facilities is a simple…

FAB

Pictures will be uploaded in a day or so.

Debbie, Gregg and Wud

I know it’s hard to tell now but is the rating of 5* a reasonable expectation? Will we be able to compare this resort to Secrets, Bahia and other 5* resorts for years to come?

Thank you all for the great research you have done regarding this resort.

[quote author=geronamo board=general thread=1132857131 post=1133118559]Debbie, Gregg and Wud

I know it’s hard to tell now but is the rating of 5* a reasonable expectation? Will we be able to compare this resort to Secrets, Bahia and other 5* resorts for years to come?

Thank you all for the great research you have done regarding this resort.
[/quote]
I have never been to Secrets but I have been to Gran Bahia Principe in PUJ and if it is 5* then MC is 6*.

From the separate Room Service access door to the “Smart” electronic room monitor to the automatic A/C activation from the lobby on room registration there are many small touches included that are no where else to be seen.

Access to the fitness centre, the jumbo jacuzzi, the hydro-massage pools, the sauna and Turkish baths are all included for all guests.

And there are no dinner reservations - anywhere.

Hi Gregg,
Thanks for being our eyes on your vacation!!! What would we do without you??? :slight_smile: :wink:

Hmmm sounds as if we need to add this to next years travel plans----juggling this and the new grand RIU palace hmmmmm decisions decisions----oh what the heck I guess I could always visit both!!! :smiley: ::slight_smile: :smiley: :wink: