Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Majestic Elegance?

My husband and I stayed at the EdenH Real last March, and we just loved it! It looks like we’re going back to Punta Cana in late Dec/early Jan, and I’m ready to try a different resort. How is the Majestic Elegance?

We’d prefer to do adults-only, but the prices of those are sky high! So we’re trying to find something we can afford, but still will enjoy as much as we enjoyed our stay at the EdenH.

Thanks!

Nobody can really comment on how the Majestic elegance is, it opens on November 14th.
I toured it on October 30th and received pictures on November 4th from the management as to the progress.

All I can say what I saw that was complete was very elegant, the two closet buildings to the beach are “adult only”.

Have you looked at the Punta Cana Princess or the Royal Turquesa. They are both Adult only and I can’t see them being more expensive then the Majestic.

Duh. Do I feel stupid! How could I not have noticed that the Majestic wasn’t open yet? Thanks for letting me know. Now that I have read more carefully elsewhere, I do see that it’s not open yet.

I will look into the PC Princess and Royal Turquesa. Thanks for suggesting those. As I said, I’d go back to the EdenH in a heartbeat – and so would my husband, just for the wonderful sailboats! – but we do think we should try something different.

[quote=@hlywud]Nobody can really comment on how the Majestic elegance is, it opens on November 14th.
I toured it on October 30th and received pictures on November 4th from the management as to the progress.

All I can say what I saw that was complete was very elegant, the two closet buildings to the beach are "adult only". [/quote]

I’m scheduled to be there for my Honeymoon 11/22 - 11/29. Originally they were saying everything would be completed by 11/1 and now 11/14.

Does anyone have any information on whether it will indeed be open by 11/14? If everything will be open? And any suggestions on who to talk to or what I should do if the Majestic is not ready. I would like to make sure we have a place to stay on our honeymoon and I didn’t make a huge mistake to find out the hotel we booked is not ready for guests.

Also is there any recommendations on what rooms, even room numbers, of where you would recommend staying. I realize it’s not yet open, but wondering if anyone has any information or if anyone who goes there before we do might have some insights.

thank you

I posted the information about the opening date, that information came directly to me from the V.P. of Sales and Marketing when I toured the resort with him on October 30th. You will not find any better information than that on any forum.

Buildings that are not complete will have all the outsides done and the interior work will be finished without you seeing or hearing anything. Room numbers were not on the doors yet, but the rooms are very very nice.

I am sure the people at the Majestic will look after you. If you have problems see guest services as soon as possible.

[quote=@chiefmotiationoffi][quote=@hlywud]Nobody can really comment on how the Majestic elegance is, it opens on November 14th.

All I can say what I saw that was complete was very elegant, the two closet buildings to the beach are "adult only". [/quote]

I’m scheduled to be there for my Honeymoon 11/22 - 11/29. Originally they were saying everything would be completed by 11/1 and now 11/14.

Does anyone have any information on whether it will indeed be open by 11/14? If everything will be open? And any suggestions on who to talk to or what I should do if the Majestic is not ready. I would like to make sure we have a place to stay on our honeymoon and I didn’t make a huge mistake to find out the hotel we booked is not ready for guests.

Also is there any recommendations on what rooms, even room numbers, of where you would recommend staying. I realize it’s not yet open, but wondering if anyone has any information or if anyone who goes there before we do might have some insights.

thank you[/quote]

the Elegance been never supposed to be completely finished on nov 1st, that been just the originally announced ‘opening’ date, which is since a while resheduled to nov 14th, this upcoming friday. so now the 14th is the ‘opening’ date, the completely finioshed date with all amenities, all restaurants, all rooms aso up and running will sure not be announced.
a brand new opening hotel always needs it’s ‘warm up phase’ to get all in the right place and working properly, that’s why the first months after a opening bring those great offers. if you want a for sure fully running top spot for november 2008 i would recommend top take a look on the EdenH, Paradisus Palma Real, or in case of adults only on the Punta Cana Princess or the Excellence.
happy travel
Mike