Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Mamajuana Recipe

:-* Fighting off a cold/flu bug-again. So I am looking for the mamajuana recipe. Did a search here and did not come up with anything, but I know it was here at one time. Have the herbs, rum, wine and honey. Just need the formula. I know this remedy works as I staved off the bug while in the DR in January by being a regular consumer!

Googled sites are very vaque to quantities etc. and I want to get it right. The concoction at the Iberostar Costa Dorada and former Superclub Breezes were wonderful and definitely did the trick. I really need the recipe folks-can not afford to take time off as I am planning another trip for next year-the sooner the better!

Thanks in advance, Hugs & Salud
Cat

I make mine using our Dear Friend Gregg’s recipe.

90 % cheap plonk (wine).
10 % rum.
Each time I make another small batch to add to the 40 ounce bottle I have added, raisins, or honey, or vanilla in small amounts. Sems to work.

I have taken a 40 ouncer to each Fiesta and never taken any home. ;D

Chris, I had nothing to do with that.

Cheers for the sunny DR.

Rod :sunglasses:

I can say that Chis’ formula works . It’s kind of like Buckleys. It taste like **** but it works. LOL
I have doen it years ago but not used the wine. Just rum and I thought I put a touch of Maple syrup in it.

Well, the way a good friend of ours from Saschatewan said to remember it was…“50, 30, 20, legs up honey”. haha!
We have some here - mostly wine (50%), then add your rum (30%) and then the honey (20%). Who can figure out the percentages…but to just get the jist of it…my husband has even substituted the rum with crown royal…

[quote=@captain2002]I make mine using our Dear Friend Gregg’s recipe.

90 % cheap plonk (wine).
10 % rum.
Each time I make another small batch to add to the 40 ounce bottle I have added, raisins, or honey, or vanilla in small amounts. Sems to work.

I have taken a 40 ouncer to each Fiesta and never taken any home. ;D [/quote]

Just to protect your good name Captain 2002 I’d like to clarify that you did have some help in finishing that 40 ouncer…Me for one ;D :wink: ;D

LOL - I think there were a few people helping… I think I had a few but won’t swear to it…

BTW Capt’n we have a small bottle of Extra Viejo to drop off in May for the next fiesta jug.

Take a look at this stash.
Chris, this stuff is way too valuable to use for Mamajuanna we will do the same as last year.
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2769051680065599807HVWnoo][/URL]

Greggy, nice haul, I know the bidding will be crazy. ;D ;D

Olivia, thank you guys so much, I could kiss you,… no, wait, I will in May. :wink:

The 50 - 30 - 20 recipe is the one most used here. Make sure to add the honey or it tastes like medicine! YUCKKKKK

One recipe said to drain off the wine-Seems like a waste to me. Have been letting it stew for a few weeks in the wine (have not poured off) . Should i keep the wine and just add the rest of the ingredients and then let it sit and strain before serving? Had a severe bout of both flus and respiratory infection. Want to be prepared for the next ailment! Thanks, Cat

Keep the wine I always use the wine in the bottle never throw it out …