Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Margarita Island activities

Well it seems that our vacation this year is definitely leaning more and more to MI.

There isn’t much discussion for this area, but if anyone has been and could offer suggestions on the activities to try, I would appreciate it.

We are probably going to stay at the Dunes, we will fly from Edmonton to Toronto which flies direct to Porlamar, MI. So it will be a long flight for us. Likely just overnight in Toronto but at least we can bypass Caracas.

We are looking at Margarita in 2007, what airline are you flying into Margarita on? Are you going on a tour package? Any info on flight bypassing Caracas would be appreciated.

We just booked for Jan 11-25, 2006 online using tripcentral.ca and we are flying WestJet from Edmonton to toronto, staying overnight and flying out in the morning from Toronto direct to Porlamar using Skyservice. We booked two weeks at LTI Costa Caribe, oceanview suite. We tried to get the Dunes or Lagunamar but they were booked solid for that time period. I am really looking forward to checking out MI for the first time. We have used tripcentral (based out of toronto I think) without complaint so hopefully all goes well this time also.
Toronto and Montreal both do direct flights to Porlamar, Margarita Island so avoiding Caracas is not a problem.

So I take it this was an all inclusive. We are trying to find flight only to Margarita without Caracas. As we have a time share we are trading for. Thanks.

hey Alberta girl…I am in AB also. You can fly to Toronto and then get a flight only trip with Conquest Vacations directly to Margarita Island. See their website.
http://secure.conquestvacations.com/cvdirect_air/airfind1a/default.asp?datedept=.&datedest=.&area=.&dept=yyz&dest=.

If you are looking for fun things to do on Margarita Island, there are plenty! We took all our tours with marcostours@yahoo.com. He was incredibly helpful from the moment I contacted him by e-mail, and was always on time, smiling, and had a cooler with our favorite Polar Beer ready! I highly recommend the Jeep Tour of the island, and don’t miss the trip to Angel Falls. I can’t imagine going all that way and not doing that once in a lifetime tour. Take a waterproof camera or you will be sorry (like me). By the way, we stayed at the Dunes, and absolutely loved it! (My review is “fun in the sun” on tripadvisor.com.) I hope everyone has a good time on MI, we can’t wait to return and see all the friends we made during our visit!!