Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Margarita vs Cuba

My family and I are considering Venezuela for our next vacation, mainly because the boys want to dive in the Caribbean Sea rather than the Atlantic. We were in Cuba on 2 occasions and what I loved most was the nice dry weather. Now I look at reviews for Venezuela and some mention the humidity. That’s where I need some input from savvy travellers. Is the weather really that different from the Atlantic ocean? How bad is the humidity? :stuck_out_tongue: Is it similar to our summers in Canada? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I was in Margarita 2 years ago and yes it’s hot but I don’t recall humidity being a problem. As you travel the roads what appear to be trees from the air is actually cactus from ground level which tells me they don’t get a lot of moisture in any form. Actually I’ve found the weather in Cuba to be a little cool at times but that’s not the case in Margarita. Choose your hotel carefully and I wouldn’t stay at anything less than a 4*. We stayed at the LTI Costa Caribe which was actually more like a 3*. Good luck.