Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Meet & Greet Jan. 25/09 and donations

Just wanted to let everyone know that photos of the Meet & Greet have been posted on Webshots. The link is http://travel.webshots.com/album/570020867JMEcIr

Beyond the Beach Children’s Foundation, with your help, delivered $5,500 US to children’s charities in the Puerto Plata area. $1,000 US to Mustard Seed; $2,000 US to Sosua Kids and $2,500 US to DREAM Project.

We had approximately 35 people in attendance and, along with the BTB donations, many people brought school supplies; bought Aunt Clara’s Cookbooks (a Dominican cookbook); and, dropped donations into a bucket. From the donation bucket, we were able to give $2,050 pesos to both Mustard Seed and Sosua Kids.

We were also able to visit the DREAM Learning Center in Cabarete and have pizza with approximately 30 children who had participated in an art competition. We are going to use some of the artwork to have t-shirts made as another fundraiser. The pizza was a thank you to the kids… but, we enjoyed ourselves also. I will get the photos up within the next day or two.

Nice job you guys. ;D

Big turn out for your Meet and Greet and all the donations.

Must have felt good to be able to donate everything in person.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Well done Olivia & Don. It was fantastic meeting you.

Cheers!

Escapewinter - it was very nice meeting you both and thank you for your donation…

I’ve added more photos - some from BobFromCanada and some from Mrs. Captain2002. They had another perspective…

I’ve also added an album with photos from our visit to the DREAM Learning Center and the pizza lunch we shared with the kids.
They are so grateful for the education they are receiving and all love going to school! The link is http://travel.webshots.com/album/570021782jiuLBU

edited to add:

BTW, the kudos go to ALL the directors of the Beyond the Beach Children’s Foundation, you the donors and above all, Captain2002 and his wife, Nenita… Without them, and you, nothing would happen!

Dot, amazing photos from the school! What beautiful smiles!

As parents all we want is for our children to have a chance to succeed, I believe with the help of BTBCF and people like you these kids here are getting that chance.

Congratulations to all involved.
Presidentejay

awesome work guys :slight_smile:

Looks like it was a great day. So sorry to have missed it. I was looking forward to meeting all of you. Keep up the good work.
Greg

Would loved to have been there looks as though you had a good turn out and a great time meeting with people who support BBCF . We’re looking forward to visiting Mustard Seed and DREAM in 2 weeks with some donations from this side of the pond .