Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Melia Azul Ixtapa

Planning on going to this resort Mar 4-11th…has anyone been there before?
Our first time to Mexico,after much deliberation, and am looking for any advice, tips, tours and such…
Thx in advance…

I have some friends that refuse to go anywhere by Ixtapa. I am not sure what resort they stay at. But if it is like any of the other Melias` then it will be nice.

Hear the people in Ixtapa are super nice.

Have an awesome time.

Deputy

Thanks Deputy…our first stay in a Melia was this past November in Cuba…
The countdown is on…

I’ve never been there but have read a good deal about it. It has a spectacular pool area, alright beach, and is located a ways north of Ixtapa. It caters to families with kids but is a notch below the nearby Club Med that has better food and activities. Ixtapa proper has a prettier beach with rough surf, and some good restaurants (avoid the exceptionally nasty dolphin swim place there though which should be closed down). And try to get to Zihuatenajo at least once (another 7 miles or so south of Ixtapa) - a great place is the Catalina hotel, one of the oldest resorts there on the La Ropa beach, where you can have a drink at their sunset bar terrace at (surprise) sunset - spectacular views from high up, overlooking the bay. Tom

Beautiful Hotel, Pool Area. Beach is not nice at all. Very brown, muddy sand. Yuck!! Food was ok but just average, probably my least favorite of all AI’s I have been too. They did however, have the nicest kids club for my son but this was 5 or 6 yrs ago. Also they had very good shows at night.

:slight_smile: Friends of ours just got back from that area and enjoyed Zihuatenajo much more than Ixtapa. However, they enjoyed their whole trip.

Having said that, though, you cant really go wrong with a Melia hotel, as the deputy mentioned.

It looks like a beautiful area.

I think you’ll have a great time!

Let us know how you liked it when you get back. :-*

Hi SUJ :slight_smile:

Did your friends happen to mention what they enjoyed more about Zihua? Don’t know much about this area and always looking to learn!

Well thx again…of those of you who have been or know of anyone…
Golf? We are avid golfers and wonder if it will be worthwhile to take our clubs…?
There are 2 courses…one a Robert Trent that my hubby is crazy over…

defib
We are actually considering booking the same trip. Our friends have already booked. I am searching the internet like crazy to find reviews on this hotel. It has been very difficult. We would be travelling with a 15 month old, which is why we are hesitating.
Can ANYONE give anymore reviews on this resort??