Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Melia Caribe Questions...pls help again!

So, now I am debating Melia vs Majestic Colonial once again.

Are Melia Caribe and Tropical one in the same or two resorts?

Any advice on room location at the Melia? We are a family of 4 (kids are 13 and 11) and would like to be close to the beach and not too near the pounding really late night music if that is an issue. A view to the pool on a second level would be best (or not!).

Are the options for food enough to keep us happy for 2 weeks? If you can compare to Majestic that would help but not necessary.

Thanks,
Brad.

Brad - when are you going? After all the input from forum members, I just changed our reservations to the Melica Caribe (11/23-30). It is one resort now. A lot of the folks said the Melia was better for kids (my son will be 8 in January) and a lot with teens said the Melia. There was a forum message somewhere that said the buildings that were good, depending on which side of the resort you ended up on. The kids club looks like it’s on the Tropical side from the resort map and they said buildings 2-3 or 15-16 were the best there. I understand the food is great and a lot of selections at the Melia.

We are going in mid to late Feb so it should all work out.

I finally made the decision and we are headed to Melia. I ruled on Majestic and Grand Palladium simply based on advice here and on TripAdvisor.

Hopefully it will all work out.
Brad.

Been to the Melia 2x and loved it. There are enough resteraunts to keep your tummy happy without getting bored with the food, which is very good. When you arrive at check- in, ask the front desk for a room closest to the pools and beach. They will normally accomodate you if there is a room available.